Huey Campaign Mission 14 bug?

airjocky2

I need some help. I've had no problems with any of the Huey campaign missions so far. But the 14th mission where you are providing support to the armored unit and dropping guys off on the roof of a building seems glitched. Every time I get right to where I drop the guys off on the roof of the high rise and then they report that they see something of interest. They run in one direction and then turn and run north and just stand there forever looking at a building and the mission never progresses. Any thoughts? has anyone seen this?

I need some help. I've had no problems with any of the Huey campaign missions so far. But the 14th mission where you are providing support to the armored unit and dropping guys off on the roof of a building seems glitched. Every time I get right to where I drop the guys off on the roof of the high rise and then they report that they see something of interest. They run in one direction and then turn and run north and just stand there forever looking at a building and the mission never progresses. Any thoughts? has anyone seen this?
Have you tried to fly around a little?

You're supposed to see some guys in a low building next to it, and then you get to call in a strike.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Have you tried to fly around a little?

You're supposed to see some guys in a low building next to it, and then you get to call in a strike.

I have tried flying around. I’ve also used time warp to speed things along just to make sure I’m not being impatient. One thing I notice every time is that my wing man helicopter is firing upon the small building for apparently no reason with no bad guys present. My wing man usually starts firing at that building right when Walker group comes out of the large building. It seems to make Walker group flee in a different direction before they even get a chance to advance the mission. The communications menu doesn’t give me a chance to tell my wing man to stand down. I’ve even tried shooting my wing man down on the way to the mission just so that they don’t interfere but that doesn’t seem to help either. I am at a loss.

I have tried flying around. I’ve also used time warp to speed things along just to make sure I’m not being impatient. One thing I notice every time is that my wing man helicopter is firing upon the small building for apparently no reason with no bad guys present. My wing man usually starts firing at that building right when Walker group comes out of the large building. It seems to make Walker group flee in a different direction before they even get a chance to advance the mission. The communications menu doesn’t give me a chance to tell my wing man to stand down. I’ve even tried shooting my wing man down on the way to the mission just so that they don’t interfere but that doesn’t seem to help either. I am at a loss.
Well, according to other posts, it seems to be broken anyway.

I've never had troubles having my wingman stay where I want. But I'm using VAICOM which circumvents the radio menu anyway. Others have ordered their wingman to jettison the ordnance with luck. Hehe Those wingmen can be a real pain.

Well, according to other posts, it seems to be broken anyway.

I've never had troubles having my wingman stay where I want. But I'm using VAICOM which circumvents the radio menu anyway. Others have ordered their wingman to jettison the ordnance with luck. Hehe Those wingmen can be a real pain.

Do you know if it’s possible to skip the mission or am I just stuck at this part of the campaign? How many missions are in the campaign? I’d hate to miss out. I was having fun.

Do you know if it’s possible to skip the mission or am I just stuck at this part of the campaign? How many missions are in the campaign? I’d hate to miss out. I was having fun.

Hey, it's possible to skip.

In the first minutes of the mission, there is the option through the F10 Radio menu.

I hope this helps.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Oh! One learn something new every day. Is this skip function only for this campaign? I never noticed before.

Anyway. One can also edit the logbook manually to skip. But of course, way more convenient to press an option.

Oh! One learn something new every day. Is this skip function only for this campaign? I never noticed before.

Anyway. One can also edit the logbook manually to skip. But of course, way more convenient to press an option.

Apologies, I just realized this was not a question about the UH-1H Argo Campaign :doh:

I am not sure if the F10 menu to skip is available in the campaign you are referring too.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Apologies, I just realized this was not a question about the UH-1H Argo Campaign :doh:

I am not sure if the F10 menu to skip is available in the campaign you are referring too.

Greg

Haha! Okay. No worries. Haven't started the Argo yet, but soon!

Well, to answer OP's question. Yes, you can edit the logfile to skip missions.

Hello,

I found the issue with mission 14 (Aurora) of Huey Campaign "UN-Pilot". WALKER squad (group woker) has to be near the rebel house to trigger next action. However, I don't know why, they don't go near enough of the house to enter into the zone (Sklad) even the waypoint is well in the zone. So I changed size (from 49 to 130) of zone Sklad. That fixed the issue.

Hello, I think there are 15 missions in UN campaign. I am in/at/on 10-th (VIP passenger) at this moment. I had no idea that it is possible to skip any mission. :)

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5 (still not in use)

Trying Aurora misson now. I set up UHF to 235 MHz. How to contact Martel convoy, please??

Trying Aurora misson now. I set up UHF to 235 MHz. How to contact Martel convoy, please??

jpuk, go to you waypoint, when your in the zone of Martel convoy and your UHF set to 235 MHz, that will trigger the coomunication with Martel automatically. You don't have to contact them manually. I didn't test with C-1611/AIC set something else of UFH (2). If communication with Martel don't start even UHF set to 235, make sure your C-1611/AIC is set to 2 and you're within 4900 feet of your first waypoint.

Edited by Flyingfrog

Flyingfrog, great, thanks. I confused the Martel convoy with another one. Now I cleared what was necessary, Walker searched the tall house and I am waiting for the next instruction. All city is clear but the last word from Walker was hang on. :) Do you know what is going on now? What shoud be done? I tried to sit very near to Walker group but they do not enter.

Flyingfrog, great, thanks. I confused the Martel convoy with another one. Now I cleared what was necessary, Walker searched the tall house and I am waiting for the next instruction. All city is clear but the last word from Walker was hang on. :) Do you know what is going on now? What shoud be done? I tried to sit very near to Walker group but they do not enter.

Yes I know, there's a bug with walker not going far enough to their waypoint. See my fix about it, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4400957&postcount=17

I really appreciate your help. Mission success. :) I changed the value from 15 to 150, maybe they forgot the zero at the end. One more question: I marked one mission as complete even it was only 50 %. Is it possible to jump into it and complete it for 100 %? I do not remember which one it was. Is there any list of missions completeness, please?

I really appreciate your help. Mission success. :) I changed the value from 15 to 150, maybe they forgot the zero at the end. One more question: I marked one mission as complete even it was only 50 %. Is it possible to jump into it and complete it for 100 %? I do not remember which one it was. Is there any list of missions completeness, please?

from 15? Which valu did you change? Initially the zone Sklad size is 49.

You used the skip Mission feature on a previous mission and want to play it again? Instead to modify the campaign or log book, you may simply copy the mission into your Mission folder: \Saved Games\DCS\Missions and then play it. It won't affect your campaign.

from 15? Which valu did you change? Initially the zone Sklad size is 49.

You used the skip Mission feature on a previous mission and want to play it again? Instead to modify the campaign or log book, you may simply copy the mission into your Mission folder: \Saved Games\DCS\Missions and then play it. It won't affect your campaign.

Using Stable 2.5.6, from Mission Editor I select View Trigger Zone List and default radius for Sklad (btw. Sklad means Store) is 15 so I changed it to 150.

Regarding UN Campaign, now I have Campaign completeness 97 % because I accidently pressed Complete button instead of Cancel after I failed one previous mission.

Using Stable 2.5.6, from Mission Editor I select View Trigger Zone List and default radius for Sklad (btw. Sklad means Store) is 15 so I changed it to 150.

Regarding UN Campaign, now I have Campaign completeness 97 % because I accidently pressed Complete button instead of Cancel after I failed one previous mission.

Looks like we're both right, I see 15 on the colomn but 49 in the field. However the field is in Feet, then I assum the colomn is in metter. So I edited my post 49ft to 130ft (15m to 40m). The issue don't look to be with the zone but more with the Walker not going to their waypoint. Looks like creator wanted Walker to go to the house, stop 5 seconds during they do their communication, then go back (see picture below). By going to the house that would trigger the communication and activate marker for next trigger. Instead they run about mid way, so never enter the zone.

To remake missions on Campaign, you'll have to remove misison your want to remake from your logbook.

IMPORTANT to make a backup of your logbook before any change.

Go to "...\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor", open "logbook.lua" with a LUA editor, delete all missions you want to redo. Note that missions are not in order in your logbook.

Exemple, if I would like to remake missions starting with mission 12, in my logbook I would delete 15, 16 and so on.

"[15] =

{

["datetime"] = "Wed Jun 24 16:51:03 2020",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 12,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 50,

["mission"] = "UN-Pilot_12.miz",

}, -- end of [15]"

The other way is to change the integrity of the campaign with Campaign Builder. You could add the mission into the stage you're now or next one. Here again make a backup. However, you should not worry about the your mission, the UN campagn is made with one mission per stage, if you have at 50 points for a mission, the campaign will let to redoing it. If 100, then you go to next stage (next mission).

picture.php?albumid=807&pictureid=12212

Thanks a lot. I finished the entire campaign today and tomorrow will start the 2025.