Comms Menu Appears and Disappears for no reason and interrupts other actions.

melchionda

Hi guys... question. This is hard to explain so bear with me...

The comms menu that appears in the upper right corner of the screen... you know the one that has the different communication options for the various other AIs in a session; appears and disappears for no apparent reason. For example, if want to re-arm.. I can (via voice attack) select F8, then in that menu request re-arm... and then the re-arm loadout menu panel appears. Then when I start to interact with the loadout menus the Comms menu will appear again and I will be disconnected from the Loadout sub-menu. This will cause all of the loadout submenus to disappear and I will be back at the top-level loadout panel. I think the amount of time is about 5 seconds. So I have five seconds to navigate to the loadout submenu and then select the weapon of choice. It's really hard to move that fast though some of the longer weapons lists! Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? For context, I am also using Voice Attack and Viacom Pro Simple Comms

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

i've got those 2 add-ons and works fine.

Does it happen if you don't run the 3rd party apps ?

If it doesn't then its not really appropriate being in the 'DCS Bugs ...' section, rather in the VAICOM forum, let us know.

Same thing is happening to me. The game is unplayable because the comms menu keeps interrupting inputs.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you use VAICOMM read its FAQ there is something you can do for this issue, and it is very easy to solve.

Just read there and follow the instructions (can’t remember exactly but something regarding lua reset)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

If you use VAICOMM read its FAQ there is something you can do for this issue, and it is very easy to solve.

Just read there and follow the instructions (can’t remember exactly but something regarding lua reset)

Thanks will do later today. Will post what it is after I do it.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing in the Viamcom FAQ that looks remotely related is this one...

"Q: I'm seeing blinking menus?

A: This points to a faulty lua files install. Typically you can resolve this by using the Custom Path option, this forces the lua code to the right location."

However, it doesn't apply to me as I am not using a custom Path installation of DCS. This computer has nothing on it except DCS, Voice Attack, and ViaCom pro and some drivers for controllers. I don't use any beta stuff either as I like to keep it simple as possible.

So now I need to find out what the lua file is, where it is and how to fix it.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Here is the solution that Viacom Pro gives in the FAQ

Q: I'm seeing blinking menus?

A: This points to a faulty lua files install. Typically you can resolve this by using the Custom Path option, this forces the lua code to the right location.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A: This points to a faulty lua files install. Typically you can resolve this by using the Custom Path option, this forces the lua code to the right location."

However, it doesn't apply to me as I am not using a custom Path installation of DCS. This computer has nothing on it except DCS, Voice Attack, and ViaCom pro and some drivers for controllers. I don't use any beta stuff either as I like to keep it simple as possible.

Here is what a friend sent me. Maybe it will help you.

"So in order to update the scripts dir

Press Left CONTROL ALT C

Select Config TAB

Select EXPORT

copy and paste all those files that pop up

int the Saved Games, DCS , Scripts dir

restart VA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not either...but sometimes after a dcs update it happens...

So do that reset and you will see that the issue will be resolved

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png