M-2000C Engine & Cockpit Sounds Fix

sedenion

Hi,

Unofficial patch/mod for DCS Mirage 2000C by RAZBAM to fix and improve sound environment. New engine sounds from real Mirage 2000 foutages and adjusted sound definition files for better sounds calibration.

Modification details:

• Engine Sounds
    • New in-cockpit intakes whirring sound (real Mirage 2000)
    • New compressor flow (whistle) sound (real Mirage 2000)
    • New turbine flow (rumble) sound (real Mirage 2000)
    • New thrust (roar) sound (real Mirage 2000)
    • Adjusted starter sounds volumes (louder)
  • Interior Sounds
    • Redone alarm tones with calibrated amplitude
    • Reworked VTH and VTB sounds (filtering low frequencies)
    • Reworked instrument sounds with calibrated amplitude and gain
    • Adjusted engine sounds position (to the back)
    • Adjusted engine sounds mixing and effects (more powerful)
    • Adjusted noises, clicks and throttle volume (dimmed)

Latest Version: 2.5

Download page: M-2000C Engine & Cockpit Sounds Fix

Edited by sedenion
Edit for 2.5 release
  • Thanks 1

• sedenion changed the title to M-2000C Engine & Cockpit Sounds Fix

New 1.1 version released for this mod. No much change, but some nice (i hope) adjustments:

- Adjusting exterior and interior engine sound
- Adding warning tones by ThirtykayDEC
- Redone Gear Warning tone
- All tones normalized to -6 dB

Also, this version is now Open Mod Manager compliant.

New version can be downloaded at the user file download page (see link in first post)

14 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

Very good only that when it starts the engine after a minute the game freezes I had to uninstall it for that reason I hope you can fix it in the future

I see absolutely no reason why this would happen... except, maybe, file corruption due to bad download. Try to download package file again, reinstall the mod, and if the problem occure again, post here the DCS log file, so I can investigage further.

Hi @sedenion

Thank you for you sound mod it really enhance the experience!

For some reason I seem two get two engine shutdown sound when I turn the engine off. I get a first shutdown sound playing then the engine spools down and gets silent for couple seconds and then I get another shutdown sound.

Any idea why it is doing that?

Thanks!

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

11 minutes ago, broderbund67 said:

For some reason I seem two get two engine shutdown sound when I turn the engine off. I get a first shutdown sound playing then the engine spools down and gets silent for couple seconds and then I get another shutdown sound.

Any idea why it is doing that?

I know, this is due to how sounds are triggered, this behavior is hard-coded in the module, only RAZBAM can modify this. This is not the alone problem, there is other, many missing sound (sedef exists, but sound is never triggered), I tried my best to compensate.

Edited by sedenion

Thanks for the reply, no worries, your sound mod it already great!

I was just wondering if there was something I was missing in shutdown sequence of the mirage like an other device spooling down after engine shutdown but couldn't find anything. 

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

Hi, 

I released a new version of the Mod, I jumped to the 1.3. This version mainly revisit the interiro engine sound and redone and adjust some beeps and tones.

v1.3 (2021-10-06) for DCS World 2.5.7
- New interior engine/systems sound
- Redone some beep with adjusted dB and soft square waves
- Clean unused files

Download link in the first page of this topic.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 минут назад, sedenion сказал:

Yes

Unzip in DCS open beta folder...With file replacement

Nothing 😐

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Только что, sedenion сказал:

If you don't use OvGME nor OpenModManager you have to unzip the content of the M-2000C_-_Sounds_Fix_v1.3 folder (Mods and CoreMods), not the entire zip file.

Yes, I know. 

Mods and CoreMods. Nothing

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, WaffenCat said:

Yes, I know. 

Mods and CoreMods. Nothing

I can only tell you to verify by yourself the files in the zip file and in the game folder, try to replace them manually. Or use Open Mod Manager to install mod, this is a better usage...

Edited by sedenion

• 7 months later...
19 minutes ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Hm, for me changes nothing as well...replaced the files in the install folder.

Did you downloaded the latest version (v1.4 actually) of the mod from DCS world website, or the v1.0 from the attached file ? (I will delete the atached file, it is no more suitable with current module implementation, and update with the 1.5 version)

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

Just now, Eisprinzessin said:

I installed now the 1.5 and i think (!) it works. Not much difference in my ears? Maybe i deinstal and compare later...

This depend what you are talking about... Since the first release of this mod, many things changed in the Mirage 2000 inside cockpit sounds. They added cockpit systems noises, so now the engine sound is simply a little music in background, this is a little more realistic indeed. For the inside cockpit sound, my mod currently only add this little engine sound (which is completly lost in the vanilla version), and modified engine start/shutdown which better fit.
For the outside sound, you should hear noticable difference, except for AI aircraft whose sound are completly f***ed up... I don't know why, but AI Mirage 2000 sound is completly broken, and there is nothing one can do except RAZBAM.

Okay, i can confirm that the startup-shutdown sound different (better) now. Before it was like cutted of...sounded weird. And enginesounds now lower than before. Thumbsup

I thought alarm sounds are modified as well.

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Hi,

Since some people had complain about cockpit sound setup and Mirage 2000 sound setup has changed, I took the opportunity to remake this mod. From the current Mirage 2000 sound stage (DCS World 2.8.6), here are main changes :

• New compressor flow (whistle), turbine flow (rumble) and thrust (roar) engine soud, created from real Mirage 2000 samples
  • New synthetized alarm tones with calibrated volumes (-6dB)
  • Cockpit engine sounds is now properly located at back of the pilot
  • Cockpit engine sounds mixing and effect modified to increase "power" sensation
  • Cockpit noises, clicks and throttle gain are adjusted and dimmed
  • Starting sounds gain adjusted to be louder
  • Sounds position, audition sphere and cone are adjusted and a bit rationalized

Download link in the initial post of this topic, here

Hope you enjoy.

Edited by sedenion

Hi,

After some user feedback and suggestion, I made is a new version with a new intakes whirring sound (taken from a real in-cockpit Mirage 2000 footage) for the in-cockpit sound ambiance.

Changes logs for this version :

• New in-cockpit intakes whirring sound
  • Adjusting some gain mixing for in-cockpit ambience

Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

New version for this mod with some adjustments for in-cockpit sounds. The main goal was to re-balance intakes whistle, air flow noise and engine vibration sound for a more audible whistle. Also reworked VTB and VTH sound to dismiss anoying low-frequencies. Finaly reworked all cockpits instruments and sounds (switches, noises etc) for a leveled base volume.

Changes logs for this version (2.3) :

• Adjusted in-cockpit compressor flow and intake flow gain
  • Reworked compressor flow sound for Weaker "vribration" sound
  • Reworked VTH and VTB sounds (filtering low frequencies)
  • Reworked instrument sounds with calibrated amplitude and gain

Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1