Wheels dig into tarmac when taxiing

Jacodv201

Would just like to post a reminder that this issue still persists. It has been alleviated slightly in an update since and has become rarer for the usual primary loads, but in a usually heavier AG load, the sinking, scraping and wobbling still happens.

I for one would much prefer proper handling while taxiing on tarmac over the reasonably exotic option of mud-borne operations, if it truly turns out to be an either-or situation.

Edited by Kang
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:06 AM, Razor68 said:

This is idiotic, 7 months and this still has not been fixed. Charging top dollar for modules and they do nothing, this developer sucks.

No they surely don't suck. As a matter of fact the Mig-21 is the most supported and constantly updated module in DCS. It's just that they are preoccupied with the F4U development, which they are contractually obligated to deliver by X date. Coding a new suspension model isn't that easy either. I do however hope the nosewheel shimmy issue and the wheels digging into the ground at high grossweights in the turns get addressed sooner rather than later. Other than this I don't see any glaring bugs or issues with this module anymore (in-cockit pilot model would be nice though 😉 ).

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

argument I posed a long time ago about the su-25 which has wheels 3 times thicker than the mig 21.
a plane that goes astray in mud or dirt exists and it's real it's not like the developers say they sink into the ground.
These of physics and dynamics do not understand anything.

1 hour ago, Maxthrust said:

Chi fa volare il Mig-21 da / verso l'erba o il fango?

Risposta; NESSUNO.

Il semplice fatto è che le persone sono stufi e hanno smesso di chiedere a M3 di risolvere questo problema molto tempo fa. 

it can happen that one goes off the track due to speeding.
it can happen by mistake that someone makes a reversal maneuver on the taxy and finds himself off the track. It's ridiculous to get stuck to your blades of grass.

that then these inconveniences always happen near the airports but never in the open countryside.

• Like 1

Passive aggression always gets things done! It's not like they're working on other things and fixes.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, Xilon_x said:

it can happen that one goes off the track due to speeding.
it can happen by mistake that someone makes a reversal maneuver on the taxy and finds himself off the track. It's ridiculous to get stuck to your blades of grass.

that then these inconveniences always happen near the airports but never in the open countryside.

those things happen all the time. most aircraft including the -21 recovers just fine.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:59 AM, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Passive aggression always gets things done! It's not like they're working on other things and fixes.

perhaps a mocking video would help them take ACTION as they don't respond to their customers in their own forum.

Last time they were slacking ED had to give them a push 😳

Edited by Maxthrust
  • Like 1

As a matter of fact ED is giving us push about F4U and we are obliged to meet certain dates. The issue with landing gear is well reported, known and will be addressed as soon as time allows. 

• Thanks 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 1 month later...

Yeah, even after last update wheels going into the runaway in tight turn under heavy load till the struts!

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

• 2 weeks later...