[CORRECT AS IS] Emergency Jettison Delay

Terzi

Using the USAF manual ( since the Greek manual is not relevant) I do not see any indication of a delayed. Do you have another source that is relevant to the F-16C versions we have in DCS?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Using the USAF manual ( since the Greek manual is not relevant) I do not see any indication of a delayed. Do you have another source that is relevant to the F-16C versions we have in DCS?

No, I checked Greek manual. Maybe its different so in that case disregard my prev comment.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Ok, I found it on the -34. The delay is only there if wing tank are loaded with A2G weapons on station 3 and 7. If there are wing tank loaded with A2G weapons loaded, station 6 is delayed, but it does not say for how long. It could be milliseconds.

The same delay happens in selective jettison with same stores selected. So, in selective jettison wing tank with A2G weapons on station 3 and 7, there is a delay on station 6, but it does not say for how long.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It does say that depressing and holding E-J requires 1 sec minimum to select the E J mode. The wording suggests that E-J won't even commence until that time has passed (like a safety) but it's possible that it's a recommended hold time and E-J will attempt to activate for button pressing less than that.

From the wording it seems that regardless of S-J or E-J if stations 3 4 5 6 7 are all commanded to jettison that the only station which has any sort of programmed delay is 6. I.e. stations 3 4 5 7 will release simultaneously and then 6 will release some time after.

For S-J deconflicting jettisons is solely down to pilot action and forbidden actions such as releasing multiple types at once or wing tanks before centerline or from adjacent stations are physically possible. The only automatic safety is the 4-6 fuel tank sequencing. I don't know what an "AG pylon" is though. Is the pylon itself different between a Mk-84 and an AIM-120 loaded? Do they mean a pylon which currently or previously had an AG store loaded?

It's possible that E-J has some super safety sequence programming but it's not specifically mentioned. It is possible this info is omitted as it is of no concern to the pilot. It is mentioned that E-J might not clear all stores and a second press may get the rest of them. That may hint that there is some kind of programmed sequence at work. It stands to reason that E-J at least adheres to the same 4/6 fuel tank sequencing logic of S-J.

We tell the pilots to hold the E-J knob for at least 1 sec. That is because of the delay with certain stores and/or because the EPU kicks in at a certain moment and that might cause a power interruption..

The EPU spins up hella fast so I would be surprised if that is the reason.