MiG-19 acting weird or is it me?

jenato

I created two missions to train myself in flying the MiG-19. In Options/Gameplay/Difficulties I unchecked everything except the Tooltips and F10 MapUserMarks.

On more than one occasion the last few days the Speedbrakes became active while I didn't want them to - this happened shortly after take off - and though I retracted the landing gear, and secured the lever, at a certain moment the gear dropped again, also shortly after take of, without commanding them to do so. Can this happen because I didn't reach a speed higher than 300 km/hr at that moment and, more important maybe: if the pilot in the Log Book has been set to Immortal, can this be a factor why the MiG-19 is not handling according to the "realistic" settings?

... more important maybe: if the pilot in the Log Book has been set to Immortal, can this be a factor why the MiG-19 is not handling according to the "realistic" settings?

No, the log book option lets you (the player) log all your flight hours without have to create a new pilot/reset your hours if/when you die in a mission.

It doesn't effect the flight model, just how the logbook logs your flight time.

You might check that the two "Game Mode" options haven't been set in "Options > Gameplay" and for any conflicting key/button control bindings.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080