New official and free campaign for the completed Hornet module?

Flappie

It is my understandig that the existing official Hornet campaign took place in 1989 to give solo players some quality content at a time when the Hornet module was far from complete (ie. no AIM-120, no TWS, no AG radar). This was a very nice move from ED.

Since then, the Hornet has been receiving a lot of new weapons and systems. I was expecting the Hornet would receive a second campaign taking advantage of all these new weapons and systems by the end of the early-access. However, the Hornet official roadmap doesn't mention any new campaign.

Is a new official and free campaign planned?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Couldn't agree more! Most modules come with a least one long campaign, or even two. The short "Challenger 1989" is very limited in scope given all the Hornet can do today and could surely do with a bigger brother once this goes out of EA by the end of the year. Maybe couple it with the release of Marianas if the schedules fit?

A premium module worth 80$ cannot go out of EA without a proper campaign...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

To be fair not all modules come with a campaign e.g. F-5E, F-86, MIG-15, Harrier. The Hornet's small campaign was put together when the module was still in very early access. Some modules do come with campaigns, of varying standards that is true.

With that said there are literally hundreds of player missions that you can try and at least one major 3rd party campaign on the way that I'm aware of.

I very much hope the module gets a full campaign eventually built in. I believe all modules ought to come with one and I find myself disappointed with those that don’t.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD