Skullz Sounds

grant977

i just removed the sound mod and flew, and it works.

because I had forgotten how bad the default sound is.

miniguns is easy to notice.

so is the slap of the rotors from both inside and outside the helicopter.

go to f2 view and zoom out a km in front of the helicopter and you get the classic huey thump.

which you only get in the mod.

the sound of life for GI's in a firefight. means help is on its way.

also engine noise. and start up.

i have to say that skulls is still the better sound.

edit, i didn't test the low speed rotor alarm. not sure if that changed.

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Yeah Skullz Sound mod for the UH-1H is superb,if we lose that,we are screwed sad.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

i have it installed in the saved games folder. in the sounds folder

C:\Users\quadgi\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Guys, I have no idea what are you talking about. Can you please explain it to me?

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5 (still not in use)

Yeah,I'm of the same opinion,the sounds in the Mod folder,I don't think are working.....but the sounds in the 'Saved Games' sound folder are.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I like the default one, but ok, will try. Thanks. :)

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5 (still not in use)

I tried this sound mod yesterday.

Putting the folders in user Saved Games location appears to work, no need to put in game install folder.

Appears to work and sounds quite good. I admit I had no complaint about the original sounds. These seem to have a bit more 'whoop whoop' which is always exciting.

skullz huey sound mod

found here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159801

not sure if the sounds in the mod folder are working. but the sounds in the sounds folder are working. which is the majority of them.

Directory in saved games must have a new structure, otherwise it works only half of the audio mode.

Mods\Aircraft\Uh-1H\Sounds (The underlined path is omitted)

Combine everything into a single directory.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Directory in saved games must have a new structure, otherwise it works only half of the audio mode.

So do I add or remove the underlined portion?

he actually has that the wrong way round.

take the "effects" and "sdef" folder from the mods folder Mods\Aircraft\Uh-1H\sounds (the two folder he omitted) and merge them with the "effects" and "sdef" folder in the sounds folder of saved games. (copy and paste)

that gets the low speed rotor alarm and the swish of the rotors and other cockpit sounds working.

i only have SRS in the mods folder now.

Edited by Quadg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The default RPM warning sound is quite annoying as well. I'm not getting those bassy thwomps thowmps in the distance, and as the chopper passes the camera it sounds like it was recorded with a tin can. Much unlike how the sound mod was back in 2.5.6.

Unpack and paste my Skullz Sounds 2.5.6.zip package into saved games DCS, nothing more.

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.