Replay Thread

Trollray

Hi,

i'm searching since the begining how to get rid of the replay problems in DCS

(I know tacview but it's well made for tac analyses but not made for artistic point of view.)

It also give big problems with vaicom pro

(startup process using command for ground power for example would'nt work in the replay track, so no power, no start...)

So, i created this thread to focus only on replay features, bugs, tips, suggestions, questions, even petition lol...

I put some interest in that point because i think imho that, not only for users but also for the external public point of view, having the ability for a replay tool will be a big help in visibility of DCS.

In replay feature, i mean a tool like those we have for racesims.

It's not an insignifiant feature. People are always very sensitive to visuals and it's part of the buisiness ;)

For now it's more a timed input backup and create a lot of surprises.;)

My 2 cents will be :

- Replay feature must be the exact reproduction of the flight data. (Not only timed inputs as it seems to be now)

- Fast forward/backward, cut, etc features.

- Compatibility or no track breaking inputs for VA or other plugins.

- Possibility to reccord or not with a key bindings (Not necessary to reccord all your flight, only interesting parts)

Cheers ED ;)

I do not think that DCS has ever replayed correctly any one of the tracks that I have ever recorded. Typical case: 1 v 1 guns only. I shoot down the AI aircraft. In the replay, I shoot at clouds and the AI aircraft shoots me down.

:thumbup: Great Idea I also complain about incorrect replay

If you need help count on me !

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

I do not think that DCS has ever replayed correctly any one of the tracks that I have ever recorded. Typical case: 1 v 1 guns only. I shoot down the AI aircraft. In the replay, I shoot at clouds and the AI aircraft shoots me down.

Or....my plane or helo just decides to commit suicide a few minutes into the replay diving into the ground or ocean.

A good example: I took some AAA damage in my P-47 and decided it was best to fly back to base and repair. On the way back, my cowling and propeller came off, but I still made it back to the AF and landed. I thought that this would make a really cool video, so I fired up Bandicam and was ready to record. Needless to say, my plane decided to do a swan dive straight into the ocean about 5 minutes into the replay. :doh: I never even made it to the battle area where I received the damage let alone to the cool part when my prop came off and I was still flying. :cry:

Perhaps it's time for a new replay system, or just try to fix the one we have. :thumbup:

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Yeah,its a well know problem.

One thing that i have see is that the shorter the replay is, the less mistake it has.

Of course, that's logic if replay feature is made as a push button timeline.

One small update from ED would be to have a reccord punch in/out buttonto create multiple tracks.

For example,

you start cold and dark and punch in reccording when on the catapult or lined up.

Punch out when climbing.

Punch in when begining a combat, punch out when over.

Punch in when on landing, punch out when on the ground.

Like this, it would create shorter tracks1.2.3 etc..

Could help to avoid bad input replay. Not perfect but maybe an idea in the good way.

Probably won't get noticed....

(But since you mentioned this replay features thread)

We need ability to turn off replay (track file) saving from the settings menu.

I turn it off myself (In the hope to get a little less stutter in VR) using autoexec.bat, but most computer illiterate peeps wouldn't get that far into modifying config files.

Not that newbs need to disable track saving to stop jitter... (that's another topic)

Case example:

I had a guy I met in DCS that ran out of main SSD space even though he had DCS on a separate data drive. Someone else helped him do this because his main C: SSD was only 110GB and couldn't fit beta and stable install on his main SSD. So that was great for him to get it on a separate drive and keep him going.

However his main C: Drive quickly filled up with 50GB! of rpy track files over the past 12 months and he was confronted with needing to buy a new main C: drive SSD and upgrading/re-installing Windows. Not a fun venture for him. Simply because he was unaware DCS saves track files every time he plays his main SSD space was getting eaten up.

I showed him to delete the track files folder contents and he was back online.

So we need something in the game settings screen to :

• Disable track saving
  • Erase current track files (show usage)

If not for me, but the others that don't know their C: Drive is getting eaten away by trk files.

Once this is visible in the settings screen, most would see it..... and.... if usage was displayed, then they would be made aware of it & get on top of it.

I have met many players that are completely unaware DCS always saves trk files and this can quickly get out of hand. After 1 week of solid DCS play, I'll have near to 1 GB space used up and I flush out the trk folder once a week.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |