Consistent grading - CASE I

Nagilem

Really enjoying the SC features but I find that I cannot get the 'proper comms' down to get a grade when coming through marshal, and if I want to practice trapping by staying in the pattern, I mostly don't get LSO calls or a grade.

For marshal -

1. Call inbound at 50nm

2. Call See you at 10

3. Call overhead (Auto) - get signal charlie

4. Have tried calling commencing and not - neither one seems to impact my grade

5. Call ball at .75 miles after IFLOLS comes up - receive 'roger ball'

I get no correction calls and usually get the improper comms procedure message. Not sure what I am missing.

For staying in pattern - I usually take off, stay dirty after takeoff, climb to 600 and start the pattern. I make ball calls at .75 and get 'roger ball', but no lso calls and no grading message.

Do I need to exit the pattern to get graded?

I've read the manual, and have not seen any specifics that say what is required for proper comms. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

If you are getting "signal charlie" and "roger ball" you should be good to go. I have a mission that starts me about 6nm aft of the boat @800ft. I hit active pause and set up the cockpit, dial in TACAN and ILS, drop hook, etc. Then I contact the boat and then immediately hit "see you at 10" then unpause and when 3nm from boat I get "signal charlie". At this point break into pattern, I get LSO calls and grade every time.

Only time I've seen the improper comms procedure is when the airboss scripting is active on a server mission. Procedures for landing w airboss are a bit different and have to be done through its dedicated menus. Make sure you are actually within 10nm though when u call see u at 10. I think i did get improper procedure once for that. Otherwise make sure you are on the proper comm channel. Could also be the problem.