[REPORTED]Objects rendered one eye only

Sharkku

Hi all

I have reported some issues already regarding rendering only in one eye.

If you are going to report a problem please be specific, please if possible have a short track replay, just so we have a point of reference.

A screenshot or video will also help.

Also note,

Special options tab for some aircraft have options for render in one eye or both for some features.

If you are using stereo_mode_use_shared_parser in your autoexec it is W.I.P and not ready for public use.

Some headsets have different results, I am currently using a vive cosmos.

thanks

Come on BN its easily noiticeable in almost every object you put with mission editor. From clouds to ifolds lighting of carrier. ED doesn´t have any HMD to test it since 7 months? come on! of course, parser disabled. Screenshot doesn´t show the issue cause the renders affects to one eye (that screenshot doesn´t show).

Its a bug since 2.5.6 --- 7 months, in stable and openbeta... --- fix it ASAP!!!

On Oculus, we could run OculusMirror.exe --RectilinearBothEyes, but how to take screenshots from that when the DCS mirror needs to be focussed to accept any input while in VR? I guess I'd have to delve into OBS recording to be able to take shots from the video that's been taken from OM... tried that once a few years ago, but failed deliberately.

Too bad we can't cofigure the DCS own mirror like that. No idea to change this on SteamVR though.

Come on BN its easily noiticeable in almost every object you put with mission editor. From clouds to ifolds lighting of carrier. ED doesn´t have any HMD to test it since 7 months? come on! of course, parser disabled. Screenshot doesn´t show the issue cause the renders affects to one eye (that screenshot doesn´t show).

It's as easy as firing up the Hornet cold and dark and ready on the ramp instant actions on Caucasus and just looking around actually icon_redface.gif

Especially with the shadows of the HASs it's so obvious it hurts.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya ! @BIGNEWEY et, all..

Any update on correcting this issue?

As mentioned before, VR users (ALL HMD TYPES) have the following issues:

1.) Shadows or parts of shadows only shown in one eye (left) or (right) at certain angles.

2.) Clouds or sections of clouds only shown in one eye (left) or (right)

• (2a) Clouds affected by this are those clouds located furthest from user / player point of view.

• (2b) Clouds near to user/player are both shown on both eyes.

If this is a culling issue then please create a slider in the graphics options to simply allow for disabling cloud rendering at "xyz" distance from the user/player point of view.

This will allow for users to scale back cloud draw distances eliminating the issue while also enabling control over better frame rates and frame-times.

Thanks! :)

Not only shadows and clouds. Smokes of objects fire on terrain, contrails, missile smokes too.

ED dont need tracks to look that, just click in "instant action" and you can see that problem all the time.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Not only shadows and clouds. Smokes of objects fire on terrain, contrails, missile smokes too.

ED dont need tracks to look that, just click in "instant action" and you can see that problem all the time.

I agree. And visual bugs and issues also depend on where the user looks at any given moment as well. Much easier to just hop in and fly and note what's wrong and then share it on the forums.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+1 on the above.

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• 2 weeks later...

Clouds disappear and reappear in one eye

Hey BN,

hope you enjoyed your holiday...

This is a link to a track file , Serpents Head Mission 4, on the deck of the carrier during the raid there are a couple of examples of clouds doing something strange during the two raids. they are quite fleeting but very distinct

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar2cEt5yMycgmvcWGnunCEZZqVYedg?e=6hXCL1

HTH

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Something changed in the last patch.

I have “stereo_mode_use_shared_parser set to true” in my config and now I see Super carrier crew with both eyes!

Yes, I noticed too. But others issues doesn´t fixed. For example, exhaust heatblur effect, or huge culling noticed at the edge of VR screen, or flood-light in cockpit... I think that this shader parser rendering will be eternal for resolve it...

A fundamental issue is that LODs are not switching evenly for both eyes. Meaning that at certain distances you can see a more detailed version of 3D model in one eye, and a lowpoly version in the other eye. This also applies to some effects like fire, explosions, etc.

And I'm not talking about config tweaks, I don't have shared_parser enabled or any other mods and the issue is still there.

It's like no one at ED really plays this game in VR. It's not that hard to notice.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Please BN, It would so much to ask for some situation about this bug, some official words from DEVs? some hint about when it will be fixed???

This doesn´t exists in 2.5.5. It totally ruins inmersion in VR at least in my experience.

Thanks

PD. It surprise to me a bit not marking as "REPORTED"... 8 months since 2.5.6 now.

VR issues are hardly responded on by ED. I guess there are not enough users on VR yet to make it worth their time. It's a pitty, 2.5.5 ran quite well besides the spinning clouds issue. Since 2.5.6 it's a mess and it hurts your eyes seeing things only in one eye, it basically brakes the whole VR experience. Since VR is a free feature i don't expect it to be improved anytime soon.

• ED Team

Hi all I have reported many issues with render in one eye.

Please ensure you are not using stereo_mode_use_shared_parser in your settings, this is W.I.P and not ready for public use.

If you are reporting any issue always include a short track replay showing the problem.

Note not all headsets behave the same, what you maybe seeing could be different on another headset.

Keep the reports to 1 issue per report, it makes things easier to track.

Keep reports for data on the report, if it isn't helping the report it isn't needed, if you think something has been overlooked feel free to PM me, I am reporting issues for the whole forum, I look at hundreds of issues weekly.

I have closed this thread, I will look at each issue in the thread, but please if you have a specific issue report it in its own thread.

Thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2