(MOD) New Channel Map - Chain Home Radar

SUNTSAG

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M3LP_I4TxKrSe9wW28SF4-TsEbJ2p0AI/view?usp=sharing

Once you have downloaded the mod and extracted it, place the files in your Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/Tech.

Inside the folder named "CHANNEL_CHAINHOME" is a folder called "StaticTemplate". If you don't have a StaticTemplate folder already simply cut and paste it into your Saved Games/DCS.openbeta.

If you already have a StaticTempalte folder simply copy the contents of the one provided with this mod to your own. Now simply follow the instructions provided in the video. Enjoy.....Cheers.

NORMANDY MAP OPTION:

I have also updated the previous Normandy map version of the Chain Home Mod (Full models included - Towers and Buildings)

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oj6lsgM6HtkG9h0yjracc8DIMl_1mWuC/view?usp=sharing

Once downloaded and extracted the same installation process as described above applies. I have also provided an updated "STATIC TEMPLATE" for this map too. Thanks.

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent! I have been working on setting up your mods with the Channel Map, this is much more satisfactory solution.

However, could you combine it with your existing WWII RDF Radar Station mod so that they are compatible. Now I don't get the Transmitter towers in Normandy which does not have them as map objects. I can still of course place the Receiver towers, but the Cubes sitting in a field look out of place.

Excellent! I have been working on setting up your mods with the Channel Map, this is much more satisfactory solution.

However, could you combine it with your existing WWII RDF Radar Station mod so that they are compatible. Now I don't get the Transmitter towers in Normandy which does not have them as map objects. I can still of course place the Receiver towers, but the Cubes sitting in a field look out of place.

I have now updated the Normandy version, which means they are now two completely separate entities for placing on any map.

I have added a new download link to the first post here. Many thanks.:thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Best server version

I have noticed you have more than one mod for the chain home radar. I run a casual server and would like to know which of your mods would be best to run on it. Their are quit a few low tech gentlemen that fly on my server and I would like to implement a chain home mod that requires the minimum amount of effort on the client side. Which do you recommend for this effort ? I have tried this mod with success, only with a computer savoy user. Thanks for the help and I truly love your work. Keep it up !

• 1 year later...

Just testing this as it looks fabulous.

Have got the template and mods in place.  Have loaded the template into a mission and checked all of the frequencies for both the chain home sites and all of the allied aircraft.

What I'm not getting are any comms, not even an option of AWACs.  Have also added in an easy to detect 109.

Any thoughts?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, Hallsy said:

Jumping in here too. I would love to get my hands on British and German Radar template for Normandy!

Hello,

Hope @SUNTSAG wont mind, here is a copy of his templates:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h5x_cn5FYZOxhg3rqg?e=ujPgWr

and here is a copy of his Mod, required for the Template:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ioIRAOTLNLqEETzFyA?e=bELkQN

Keep in mind that I have not use this Mod in quite a while, so I'm not sure if it still works or not on current DCS 2.8

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Draken35 said:

@Rudel_chw Do you happen to have the Channel map static template in your stash? Thanks!

No, sorry, I only stored the ones for Normandy. Send a PM to @SUNTSAG ...  maybe he can re-upload them?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, ienatom said:

Download links don't work anymore for me

my link, a few posts above, still works.

• 2 months later...