Campaign - Deployment - 1st mission is broken

kubajs

Hello,

while trying to replay my campaign for Ka-50 "Deployment", because I again lost all progress after some patch :hmm: , I got stuck and right on the first mission.

The issue is the lead Mi-24 always crashes to a hill/trees minute after talking about the "two peaks ... " in the first 1/4 of the flight. It's always right in the first hill the AI has to climb.

After the Mi-24 is dead I have no longer any scripted calls and also I don't get mission success on finishing the mission on my own.

Is this a well know bug? What should I do to overcome it? How do I save my progress so it's not deleted on almost every update?

Edit: Grammar

Edited by kubajs

PC Specs: i5-4690K (SilentiumPC Fera 2),MSI GTX-1070, MSI GAMING 5 Z97, 4x4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz CL9 Hyper X,ZALMAN 600W, 120Gb SSD, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, 1st 27´ BenQ GL2760 2nd ASUS VH222, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek rudder paddles

Most hours (from most to least) on Mig-21Bis, Ka-50, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, AJS-37, F-14B, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2 and the rest

Hello,

while trying to replay my campaign for Ka-50 "Deployment", because I again lost all progress after some patch :hmm: , I got stuck and right on the first mission.

The issue is the lead Mi-24 always crashes to a hill/trees minute after talking about the "two peaks ... " in the first 1/4 of the flight. It's always right in the first hill the AI has to climb.

After the Mi-24 is dead I have no longer any scripted calls and also I don't get mission success on finishing the mission on my own.

Is this a well know bug? What should I do to overcome it? How do I save my progress so it's not deleted on almost every update?

Edit: Grammar

Has been talked about before with the campaign in game, I have a more corrected version of the campaign on the ED download site if you wish to give that a try, will work better, but may have new issues from other DCS patches, I know mission 1 and 2 work ok, I only re-tested them days ago, and fixed a couple of issues.

DCS doesn't usually lose your progress between patches, unless they relocate the campaigns mission files into a different directory structure, the directory location is stored in the logbook.lua file and points to the last completed mission, so that would also have to be changed manually to match the new directory structure for it to continue where you left off.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 4 weeks later...
Has been talked about before with the campaign in game, I have a more corrected version of the campaign on the ED download site if you wish to give that a try, will work better, but may have new issues from other DCS patches, I know mission 1 and 2 work ok, I only re-tested them days ago, and fixed a couple of issues.

DCS doesn't usually lose your progress between patches, unless they relocate the campaigns mission files into a different directory structure, the directory location is stored in the logbook.lua file and points to the last completed mission, so that would also have to be changed manually to match the new directory structure for it to continue where you left off.

Regards, Ian.

Thank you for your very kind and helpful reply!! Still I would prefer it to be repaired by ED. If not for me at least for future buyers, because it's the first and original campaign.

Regards

Jakub

PC Specs: i5-4690K (SilentiumPC Fera 2),MSI GTX-1070, MSI GAMING 5 Z97, 4x4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz CL9 Hyper X,ZALMAN 600W, 120Gb SSD, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, 1st 27´ BenQ GL2760 2nd ASUS VH222, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek rudder paddles

Most hours (from most to least) on Mig-21Bis, Ka-50, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, AJS-37, F-14B, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2 and the rest