DCS:Syria Map FAQ

Wags

I think this is going to be the best map ever for choppers. Considering the amount of details, it simply begs for low and slow. With the Kiowa and the Mi24 coming, I can see countless missions coming and the size is more than sufficient for our operations.

I agree! I'm just deciding which one to buy to fly to Syria. Hind or Kiowa?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Both so you always have some variation options :pilotfly:

The Real currency is very devalued against the dollar. So I can only choose one.

To give you an idea, here in Brazil a worker earns 1200 reais(225 dollars) on average per month. A module here costs 420 reais. DCS is extremely expensive for Brazilians. I know that ED is not to blame for our currency being extremely worthless. :thumbup:

Not sure if this has been asked before. Will the map have different texture sets for different seasons?

I know that it is mostly a desert map, but in parts of Syria and certainly in Lebanon, these regions look very different during different seasons.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The Real currency is very devalued against the dollar. So I can only choose one.

To give you an idea, here in Brazil a worker earns 1200 reais(225 dollars) on average per month. A module here costs 420 reais. DCS is extremely expensive for Brazilians. I know that ED is not to blame for our currency being extremely worthless. :thumbup:

Then probably wait to see how good each module is? One is by ED, the other is third party. The KW should be mostly complete by release from what I could see on their subforum, I am not sure if it will be the same for the Hind given the state of the Viper, Hornet, etc.

That being said, they are totally different. KW is a light attack/recon bird, the Hind is a heavy attack/transport helo. I think they will be complementary, both in terms of flying experience for you, as well as mission capabilities. So in the end it will depend what you like to do most.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Not sure if this has been asked before. Will the map have different texture sets for different seasons?

I know that it is mostly a desert map, but in parts of Syria and certainly in Lebanon, these regions look very different during different seasons.

Very good question. Will the green stuff in the west of the map turn orange and brown in autumn, or will we fight in everlasting summer?

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Akrotiri would be a good NATO base for missions, hope one day they will consider its addition.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

When will be avalible in Steam? With 30% preorder discount?

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

When will be avalible in Steam? With 30% preorder discount?

The Syria map will not come out on Steam with a pre-sale discount. It will arrive on Steam with full price. At least that's what I saw here on the forum.

will there be steam discount at the release?

No preorder for Steam, sorry.

no I mean a discount for a period

Nothing planned currently. No.

Edited by ThorBrasil

The Syria map will not come out on Steam with a pre-sale discount. It will arrive on Steam with full price. At least that's what I saw here on the forum.

just one more reason to drop steam and go standalone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I think this is going to be the best map ever for choppers. Considering the amount of details, it simply begs for low and slow. With the Kiowa and the Mi24 coming, I can see countless missions coming and the size is more than sufficient for our operations.

The terrain is really intricate, You will really enjoy helicoptering all those "waadee's" flowing into the south Lebanon Mediterranean coast.

And there is a very special place for me on that map. About 12km south following the coast from the town of Tyre. Maybe I will make a "April 18th, 2020, 2AM" mission some day. Will need an Apache module to be 100% authentic however

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Very good question. Will the green stuff in the west of the map turn orange and brown in autumn, or will we fight in everlasting summer?
Most trees in Lebanon and the Mediterranean are evergreens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The terrain is really intricate, You will really enjoy helicoptering all those "waadee's" flowing into the south Lebanon Mediterranean coast.

And there is a very special place for me on that map. About 12km south following the coast from the town of Tyre. Maybe I will make a "April 18th, 2020, 2AM" mission some day. Will need an Apache module to be 100% authentic however

Tell us more about that special place.

I agree especially the snow caped mountains in winter.

• ED Team

Dear all,

Ugra has been listening to your concerns about lack of sea area for naval operations, and they have now greatly expanded the sea area to the west of the map. Cyprus is clearly missing in the attached image, but that will come later during the early access period. As mentioned in a previous video, we are still determining the how and when of how the addition of Cyprus (as huge undertaking) will be handled.

Kind regards,

Wags

Screen_200814_094908.thumb.jpg.68fce8c4672e9422140c55131e9e6ed0.jpg

• Like 1

Dear all,

Ugra has been listening to your concerns about lack of sea area for naval operations, and they have now greatly expanded the sea area to the west of the map. Cyprus is clearly missing in the attached image, but that will come later during the early access period. As mentioned in a previous video, we are still determining the how and when of how the addition of Cyprus (as huge undertaking) will be handled.

Kind regards,

Wags

Actually we dont really care for the cities in cyprus if u can model akrotiri it will be enough and the radar masts at the south eastern edge

Actually we dont really care for the cities in cyprus if u can model akrotiri it will be enough[...]

What? Noo! I think most are ok when cyprus turns out to be a little bit generic without specific landmarks, but it has to be modeled completely on a basic level. There is nothing more immersion-breaking than having visual borders where detail degrades abruptly.

It does not need to be a perfect represenation, but only modeling akrotiri is not really enough.

Indeed, classy move. Hope it means the sales so far are strong - I can only hope that the financial success of this map for Ugra means we will see more projects like this one in the future. So many interesting places are suggested regularly to take advantage of our current and future plane roster, ED cannot be the only company making maps for DCS.

What? Noo! I think most are ok when cyprus turns out to be a little bit generic without specific landmarks, but it has to be modeled completely on a basic level. There is nothing more immersion-breaking than having visual borders where detail degrades abruptly.

It does not need to be a perfect represenation, but only modeling akrotiri is not really enough.

I 100% agree with you. not modeling anything would be a very big shame.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

This is brilliant, hats off to UGRA :thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

greatly expanded the sea area to the west of the map.

Cyprus...will come later during the early access period.

determining the how ... of Cyprus (a huge undertaking)

TWO pieces of fantastic news - many thanks to Ugra & ED for making this happen!

In re Cyprus, I personally would be fine if you handled it like the Caucasus map, with Akrotiri being at the same fidelity as the other airbases in the Syria map.