A lot of Yaw when slow

blanrv8

So i've noticed that I have a significant amount of yaw/slipping when i'm slow/coming in for a landing when i'm around 140kts.

I have the logitec 3D pro stick, with the twist for rudder. I've set a deadzone for the rudder on the yoke but doesn't seem to do the trick. Any ideas? I could use trim but that shouldn't be the issue.

I just got the module and still getting familiar with it. I'm assuming the two rudders curling inwards is normal?

So i've noticed that I have a significant amount of yaw/slipping when i'm slow/coming in for a landing when i'm around 140kts.

I have the logitec 3D pro stick, with the twist for rudder. I've set a deadzone for the rudder on the yoke but doesn't seem to do the trick. Any ideas? I could use trim but that shouldn't be the issue.

I just got the module and still getting familiar with it. I'm assuming the two rudders curling inwards is normal?

Direction and windspeed?

If the aircraft is in a sideslip with no control input, it is not properly trimmed.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Note that the velocity vector on the HUD doesn't give a direct indication of yaw. It will be offset in a crosswind, even if you have no sideslip, and the effect becomes greater as wind increases and/or your TAS decreases: the velocity vector tells you which direction you are moving relative to a stationary GPS/inertia derived fixed 'ground', rather than the air (or the carrier for that matter).