[ACKNOWLEDGED] RAF Akrotiri

Linx

Apparently no. There's comments in FB saying it's a bit far away and out of the map's scope.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Apparently no. There's comments in FB saying it's a bit far away and out of the map's scope.

S!

Very Sad sad.gif

Cyprus Should have been a Priority !!!

Been an Air Traffic Controller at Nicosia Area Control Center I can see every day Eurofighters plus an A332 Tanker get airborne from Akrotiri and going into Syria for a Mission ( Patrol , bombing etc...) !!

P.s. Last year RAF used to use Tornados !!

I hope that Someday they will add Cyprus in Syria Map .

Mike

Edited by Mixalis

Yeah, daily "Ascott" on 125.5...

• Like 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Very Sad sad.gif

Been an Air Traffic Controller at Nicosia Area Control Center I can see every day Eurofighters plus an A332 Tanker get airborne from Akrotiri and going into Syria for a Mission ( Patrol , bombing etc...) !!

P.s. Last year RAF used to use Tornados !!

I hope that Someday they will add Cyprus in Syria Map

Yep, hope in the end even if it's out of the map's detailed area they put it in there, but…

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team

I lived in Cyprus for a number years and guarded RAF Akrotiri because the RAF were not capable of doing it themselves ( this is an Army joke poking fun at the RAF :) )

Sadly Cyprus is not in the scope for this terrain, but if there was a chance I would be right behind it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I lived in Cyprus for a number years and guarded RAF Akrotiri because the RAF were not capable of doing it themselves ( this is an Army joke poking fun at the RAF :) )

Sadly Cyprus is not in the scope for this terrain, but if there was a chance I would be right behind it.

thanks

Indeed !! thumbdown.gif I wish they will include Cyprus in the future !!

• ED Team
Ah I see the PONGO in you strikes again.......don't forget your own knife fork spoon and plate and don't let the door hit you on the way out LOL :megalol:

The only good thing about that duty was all the duty meals you could go for - breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, the RAF lived like kings lol :megalol:

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sad but expected. I would have to say, "i'd pay for Cyprus"

How could we go about still championing the idea of getting Cyprus added if we are likely to buy the Syria map on it's existing features?

I think it's a bit of a shady marketing move to say that "it's not planned, but might come, if it sells well".

Honestly, that's not treating the potential customers with the respect they deserve. Better to make absolutely clear, that there won't be cyprus, no matter what. Make sure people buy it for what it is.

If you later decide, for whatever reasons, that you want to include cyprus, it would come as a pleasant surprise.

• ED Team
I think it's a bit of a shady marketing move to say that "it's not planned, but might come, if it sells well".

Honestly, that's not treating the potential customers with the respect they deserve. Better to make absolutely clear, that there won't be cyprus, no matter what. Make sure people buy it for what it is.

If you later decide, for whatever reasons, that you want to include cyprus, it would come as a pleasant surprise.

I will make it absolutely clear for you.

Cyprus is not planned.

But who knows what the future can hold? if plans change we would let you know.

thanks

Thanks, that's better. But also sad.

It's difficult.

There's a time and cost involved in making these maps. If the sales are strong, then adding extra features is justified. If sales are not strong, then the developers need to move on to something else.

I'm glad it is no longer an outright "no" and they are opening the door, just a crack, to the potential of doing this at some point in the future.

Very Sad sad.gif

Mike

+1

No Cyprus is an unfulfilled map...

But I will be one of the first to buy the map of Syria

Edited by Antartis
  • Like 1

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Please re-think the Cyprus case, RAF Akrotiri would make so much sense! The airbase would need to be high detail, but other things of Cyprus wouldn't need to be super detailed, since we'd really only depart and come back. So no need for a highly detailed city of Larnaca if that's not feasible.

But RAF Akrotiri is a must :)

It would make sense to have Cyprus in...at least the airport (could be the only detailed thing of the island)...let’s hope for the future, would be nice with the Ef2000 and hopefully the Tornado

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

For game play, it should be there.

Please re-think the Cyprus case, RAF Akrotiri would make so much sense! The airbase would need to be high detail, but other things of Cyprus wouldn't need to be super detailed, since we'd really only depart and come back. So no need for a highly detailed city of Larnaca if that's not feasible.

But RAF Akrotiri is a must :)

It would make sense to have Cyprus in...at least the airport (could be the only detailed thing of the island)...let’s hope for the future, would be nice with the Ef2000 and hopefully the Tornado

^these reasons. Please.

• 1 month later...

thanks

The RAF were not stupid enough to do it themselves, i believe is the customary come-back :lol:

• Like 1