Operation Pontus - upcoming dynamic DLC campaign

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

On mission 1, DO NOT allow 2 to refuel first. He will finish before you, then make a right hand turn directly into your aircraft. Happened to me 3 times in a row.

You are supposed to fly echelon left if you have not refueled yet.  Try that, should alleviate your problem.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Thanks 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

12 hours ago, gregecslo said:

Hi.

For me, in the first mission, we fly at 1200FT heading 270 and then climb, I have no F10 option to refuel or not and I`m stuck here...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Are you using the correct "in flight radio menu?"  I haven't flown the campaign, but sounds like if you are pushing the normal radio menu keybind that you press on the ground - and it isn't working, that easy comms is probably disabled and you need to use the COMM 1 / COMM 2 keybind(s).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On 2/24/2021 at 7:34 AM, Ziptie said:

Are you using the correct "in flight radio menu?"  I haven't flown the campaign, but sounds like if you are pushing the normal radio menu keybind that you press on the ground - and it isn't working, that easy comms is probably disabled and you need to use the COMM 1 / COMM 2 keybind(s).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Hi.

Just figured it out.

I changed helmet to NVG and that was the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone  else having issues when  returning  to  carrier  on a  case1/11 recovery,  once   your  call  the  cvn for  intructions   either  for  your  self  or  your  wingman ,  the  radio call  back  goes  into a continous  loop  nothing  will  stop it  other  than  switching  channels.  Once  you  put  back  to the  channel  its  still in  a loop

• 4 weeks later...

Such disappointment. 

Initially, I really loved what Baltic Dragon has developped as campaigns. They were tough, sometimes repeatitive due to complexity (failing as getting lost in the tasks) but very disappointed with that one. We now need to work with the planner and do the modifications of flight plans, weapons. It is definitely not what I was expecting from a paying campaign. I was more expecting to spend all my time in the cockpit. I regret my purchase. 

So as a feedback, if you want to focus on flying, my recommandation would be to look at another campaign

best, 

Cobragva

On 4/19/2021 at 4:07 AM, cobragva said:

Such disappointment. 

Initially, I really loved what Baltic Dragon has developped as campaigns. They were tough, sometimes repeatitive due to complexity (failing as getting lost in the tasks) but very disappointed with that one. We now need to work with the planner and do the modifications of flight plans, weapons. It is definitely not what I was expecting from a paying campaign. I was more expecting to spend all my time in the cockpit. I regret my purchase. 

So as a feedback, if you want to focus on flying, my recommandation would be to look at another campaign

best, 

Cobragva

edit  

Edited by pete_auau

Hi, 

I love the work of Baltic, i bought most of his campaigns and i was rarely disappointed.

For this one, when i learned this campagne was dynamic, i didn't hesitate for a second.

I Fly regularly on Liberation campaign, a free work, and impressive in its complexity.

i'm very disappointed to have paid for an unfinished job and that has my taste doesn't have much dynamic.

the managment of the various flights breaks the rhythm in flight, too many scripts, so not so dynamic.

the management of IA is really laborious, and it wasn't supposed to be in the middle of flying to have to deal with this kind of thing.

This job is for AWACS and Ops on the Carrier Vessel.

Unfortunately, your campaign is not immersive.

For me, there are much better free campaigns.

I'm not sure if the author(s) of this campaign respond here, but I have some questions. Maybe others can help.

I have flown 5 or 6 missions beyond the first one, and I am wondering about what is happening and not happening as I fly.

Despite it being suggested that I fly more SEAD missions, and the intel talking about SA-8 and SA-15s in the area, I have not encountered any. In fact, other than a lone SA-6 in the last mission that I flew, I have encountered no air defense aside from MANPADS and Shilkas/truck mounted Zu-23s. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I am confused why there is not more out there, especially given the warnings about it.

In a similar vein, enemy air has likewise been almost non-existent. The same four Mig-29s spawn, along with a lone AN-12, every single mission. They are either quickly dealt with by CAP flights, or end up crashing. No other aircraft have been encountered. It's just me and my Navy pals buzzing around.

Lastly, the same chit-chat sequences are happening mission to mission. I realize these are just filler, but it does make me wonder if something is supposed to be advancing but isn't. At this point, the only thing I am doing is plinking enemy armor and AAA with GBUs from the safe and uncontested altitude of A120. 

I am inputting the new campaign code each time, and the code itself is changing after each mission, but does anyone know what the letters correspond to? Am I doing something wrong, or is something glitched where things that are supposed to spawn aren't?

Thanks for any help! 

Edited by Specter1075