Operation Pontus - upcoming dynamic DLC campaign

• 2 weeks later...

Instant Buy!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

• 2 months later...

Any more word on when we might expect this? That preview seems like an age ago now! 😀

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

From what I've seen on Discord, it's in ED's hands, and has been since around October or November of last year.  The developers have been very transparent. 

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hekktor said:

Bought. Reading manual. Printing maps. Watching tutorial. Planning.

Look on www.digitalcombatsimulator.com - couldn't seem to find it.  Where did you purchase?

Disregard.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I hope this isn't a stupid question, either way, won't be the first time.

Is there anyway, now or in the future, to get this campaign for the Steam version of DCS?

ASUS Strix Z490-E, i7-10700K, Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram 3200MHz, ASUS Strix RTX3080, Corsair 465X case

32" 4K, TM Warthog Stick/Throttle, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Winwing Combat and Takeoff panels, Rift S, Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Any idea on when this will be coming to stable branch?  I don't have room on my SSD for both stable and beta and overall I've found stable to be less hassle. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

10 hours ago, CptTangerine said:

Any idea on when this will be coming to stable branch?  I don't have room on my SSD for both stable and beta and overall I've found stable to be less hassle. 

Stable should - theoretically - be updated before moving to 2.7 ("the clouds update"), which ED said it was coming hopefully in Q1 and after F/A-18C upgrades were implemented. So I would venture a guess that Stable will be updated in February or more probably March, if all goes well with the added functionalities from the last OB. With that stable update, all the new campaigns would be available.

For such an innovative campaign, I guess it is also a smart idea to wait a couple of months (until it is on stable) so that the major issues are fixed. At least that is my perspective, I prefer to be patient and then really enjoy a bug-free campaign with no immersion-breaking issues.

You can check the patch status here, but it is usually announced only a few days before.

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Hey pilots! 

could anyone explain me please why this is not going to the STEAM?  what's the reason?  this camp, as well as few other  ED announced. 

what's interesting, they do announce it in STEAM but  they aren't  available  there.... complete misinformation. you gents loosing money in my understanding as i want to buy it but no luck.

and i believe 0$ is anyway less than something, even if you have to share profit with steam.... and there re a lot of people in steam anyway 

thanks

Thanks for that.

In fairness, if it takes a while to hit stable then it will give me some time to brush up on my Hornet familiarisation.  I'm pretty rusty.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

On 2/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, Silver101 said:

Does anyone else run into the problem where there is no trigger zones to edit for the other wing members?? I can’t tell them to do other tasking in the mission planner.  

It changes in the latest Beta patch;  it was removed from the Mission Planner and is now done once the mission starts through the F10 comms menu.  Each flight in turn is given CAP (A, B, C), SEAD, CAS or STRIKE tasking.

It's a little fiddly the first few times as you are usually going through start up at the same time and you also need to tell them RTB conditions but after a couple of missions its quite clean.  Just need to be careful you fit out the flights in order so you remember who is supposed to doing what.

Finally got all the third party campaigns. I have only done the first 2 missions and am honestly struggling with the mission planning section but thank you for the documentation and extra work on that. 

I have never been very good at air to air refueling, even in the F18 during the day. And have never really been able to do the racetrack refueling with the turns. But, this has forced me to do it and after a few tries I was able to successfully do a full refuel at night with turns. Was an awesome achievement for me and it was this mission that forced me to learn it, well not so much forced but strongly encouraged it. 

I hope this campaign takes a decent amount of time to get through as I will probably never do multiplayer on DCS so the more content I have for single player is fantastic!! Every single flight I learn more and is so extremely rewarding.

Thank you for such great content!!