TGP broken after recent hotfix

defeatist99

The default settings on the mfds are not correct as well but the target pod is acting like there is a giant cloud in front of it. In this mission it worked ok but took a lot of messing with contrast gain and brightness to get to a usable level in black hot. White hot was completely unusable. After landing and rearming I headed back to the target area and the entire target pod was completely unusable and looked like some kind of cloud was in front if it when it would work and randomly the entire tgp would just go black.

You can see what's happening in this clip it's not allowing me to attach the track file. I added the track file in the link below because it would not let me upload due to a "security token" issue which then asked me to follow a link to report to admin which was broken and asked me to report that to the admin which was the same link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l3k3aub2swtguei/AACGVQcEG8fkI_r7CW5wzx86a?dl=0

Edited by defeatist99
added link since it wont allow upload of track file for "security token"

+1

In my case I have to alternately flick back and forth between White Hot and Black Hot to try and wake it up which sometimes works. Also any missile or bomb impacts causes my TGP to white out like its over-exposed. I don't know if this is intended behaviour or not. I will try and upload a track later..

+1

In my case I have to alternately flick back and forth between White Hot and Black Hot to try and wake it up which sometimes works. Also any missile or bomb impacts causes my TGP to white out like its over-exposed. I don't know if this is intended behaviour or not. I will try and upload a track later..

It used to have like a bloom effect from the heat of the explosion but it would subside fairly quickly. Even switching between white hot and black hot didn't help for me. I even completely powered down the pod and restarted it to no avail.

It used to have like a bloom effect from the heat of the explosion but it would subside fairly quickly. Even switching between white hot and black hot didn't help for me. I even completely powered down the pod and restarted it to no avail.

Yes, its only effective sometimes. Rarely, in fact. :(

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Thanks for the clip, the track is 250MB+ and sadly is not playing back correctly, this is due tot he dynamic nature of the scripts in the mission.

We do have a report open already relating to dust and smoke, and we are looking to improve FLIR.

If you do have shorter tracks showing issues please attach them I can review and add to the report.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2