DSMS page does not load weapons

Lanlach

I have no idea how to fix this and it is frustrating, I am working on my own mission and the a10c I spawn into on the ground does not load the weapons when I press load all, it only shows red boxes where the weapons are. I don't know if i did something wrong with the start up or in the ME but Im pretty sure the ME because I have been starting up that way for years.

It sometimes happens that DCS saves stuff into a mission file that breaks reloading the DSMS. The "Prepare Mission" feature is doing it, but this has also happened outside of "Prepare Mission".

The .miz you posted is just a ZIP archive that you can open with any zip tool (WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip and so on). You'll see that it includes a whole bunch of subfolders ("CDU", "Config", "DSMS" and so on). If you delete the DSMS folder from the mission file, reloading the DSMS should work again.

Most missions should only require the "l10n" (localization) folder, though "Config" and "Scripts" might also be valid. Other folders can probably be safely deleted as well.

Does that solve the problem?

Glad it's working again! :thumbup:

What will I lose when i delete that folder?

With "Prepare Mission", it's possible to start the jet and/or set up some of the systems in a particular way. These settings will be preserved within the mission and will be available when the mission is flown later on.

Let's say you wanted to set up your own DSMS profiles (names and settings other than default) using the "Prepare Mission" feature so that all of this stuff is ready when the mission starts. Then DCS will save it to the DSMS folder of the mission file. For whatever reason, this breaks reloading the DSMS and also breaks changing the loadout (because the DSMS can't be reloaded). I guess this in non-intentional, but it's been like that as long as I can remember.

If you don't use this feature, you'll lose nothing at all. ;)

One practical use it setting up radio presets (most newer modules can have presets in the mission editor, but for the A-10C that's not possible yet), but that'll only require the radio subfolders UHF_RADIO and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this also where we can define channel presets for the radios etc?

Exactly. Use "Prepare Mission" from the editor, then provide electrical power if the aircraft is set to start cold (I think battery + ground power is sufficient). Next, set up the presets the same you would in a mission. Finally, end the mission, and the presets should now be saved into it.

It's probably not even necessary to disconnect ground power; this type of preparation is not preserved with "Prepare Mission" as far as I recall. But the presets should be preserved, just like DSMS profiles if you set any up.