Field IFLOLS

Swift.

+1 Been asked for many times and it would be great to practice with.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

At a field they are known as PAPI or T-VASI.... but yes very useful

Not really and not at a Naval Air Station. At NAF Atsugi, we had PAPI on one side and OLS and the other side. Different uses.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Yes ols is a different system. Just as papi is different to tvasis. But they all serve the same purpose. To give glideslope information on visual final.

I am not surprised to hear some naval airfields have ols as it would maintain consistency with carrier ops. (I have never flown nor controlled at any US naval air station) However this is not the norm. Airfields generally have papi or tvasis.

I would prefer to see airfields have the system they use in real life.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Just make it a static object or a vehicle, then it's up to the mission editor. Aren't the things mounted on trailers anyway?

At the moment, outside of the NTTR map (?) there aren't any US naval air stations equipped with OLS - this shouldn't be a reason for it not to be implemented, given the limits of our theatres and the sandbox nature of DCS.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 7 months later...

+1 This should be very easy for ED to make an IFLOLS trailer.....they have the mobile Tacan thing, this should be doable.

• Like 1

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

I've also got the Navy Equipment Mod and have set up the IFLOLS trailer and the associated runway lighting (and assorted other static vehicles nearby) in the Caucasus theater. It looks pretty good, but I've never been able to get the IFLOLS lights on.

I think the trailer (with the correct glideslope, etc) should be a default DCS component, along with FCLP training missions at one of the airfields in each theater. ATC could be optional for touch & go FCLP. This would be a great minor upgrade to suit the upcoming T-45 Goshawk as well as the Hornet.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Just spit balling here. I can only imagine ED would never make a FCLP specific map nor a Naval Air Station as most of that is in CONUS. It would be cool however if they made a map that had Iwo Jima (Iwoto) located in the Pacific 600nm south of Tokyo. For those not familiar, it is used by Carrier Air Wing 5 in Japan. The JASDF maintain it. It's purpose is to get the entire Air Wing ready for CQ. FCLP needs the painted carrier landing area on it as well which Iwoto has. This could be just like the NTTR except with the true intent of training for Carrier landings. And it's a beautiful scenery. I climbed Mt. Suribachi during my Chief Petty Officer initiation. Simply splendid and eye watering! I'd pay for it!

Just my 2 cents

On 2/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, Jackjack171 said:

Just spit balling here. I can only imagine ED would never make a FCLP specific map nor a Naval Air Station as most of that is in CONUS. It would be cool however if they made a map that had Iwo Jima (Iwoto) located in the Pacific 600nm south of Tokyo. For those not familiar, it is used by Carrier Air Wing 5 in Japan. The JASDF maintain it. It's purpose is to get the entire Air Wing ready for CQ. FCLP needs the painted carrier landing area on it as well which Iwoto has. This could be just like the NTTR except with the true intent of training for Carrier landings. And it's a beautiful scenery. I climbed Mt. Suribachi during my Chief Petty Officer initiation. Simply splendid and eye watering! I'd pay for it!

Just my 2 cents

This would be RJAW which can be seen here: https://goo.gl/maps/4pPML9obzZZYdHrp7

It's 629 nm / 724 mi / 1,165 km from there to Saipan PGSN. This could get it into the upcoming Marianas map, for example, but I'm unaware of the exact location of the map's bounding box. I've read that there are 400x400, 1000x1000, and 1000x2000 km possibilities.

It would suit all carrier aircraft in the Marianas map, of course - not just the Hornet/Tomcat/Goshawk/etc.

Edited by Cacetudo
link
  • Like 1

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

The perfect place to add a Naval Air Station in DCS is on the Nevada Map.  NAS Fallon is already within the maps scope.  It's visible in ME... I have a mission that uses the Fallon Bombing Ranges.  The airfield itself would have to be upgraded to a functioning airfield within DCS... But I can't imagine that would be all that difficult.  Probably more of a priority issue.  However, you would probably want to upgrade the city of Fallon as well... with just a bit more work ED could add the RENO area with Stead Airfield... for all those folks interested in doing Air Races and Airshows.  All Naval Air Stations, that I've ever flown into have IFLOLS (Improved Fresnel Optical Landing System) including several Overseas Airfields.  The IFLOLS is mobile and could be added to any airfield that US Naval Forces use routinely.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 12:56 PM, Bonz said:

The perfect place to add a Naval Air Station in DCS is on the Nevada Map.  NAS Fallon is already within the maps scope.  It's visible in ME... I have a mission that uses the Fallon Bombing Ranges.  The airfield itself would have to be upgraded to a functioning airfield within DCS... But I can't imagine that would be all that difficult.  Probably more of a priority issue.  However, you would probably want to upgrade the city of Fallon as well... with just a bit more work ED could add the RENO area with Stead Airfield... for all those folks interested in doing Air Races and Airshows.  All Naval Air Stations, that I've ever flown into have IFLOLS (Improved Fresnel Optical Landing System) including several Overseas Airfields.  The IFLOLS is mobile and could be added to any airfield that US Naval Forces use routinely.  

This is something I could get behind, except between Syria, the PG map and the NTTR, that's a lot of desert! I'm looking forward to the Marianas map specifically for a change of scenery. That's just me though! Other than that, I'm down lol.

Just found out that Tinian international airport on the upcoming Marianas map, also historically had a field arresting system, and field IFLOLS, at least temporarily.

https://www.mcasiwakuni.marines.mil/Iwakuni-News/News-Stories/News-Article-Display/Article/507214/mag-12-hornets-swarm-to-be-first-on-tinian/

USMC-120523-M-BC491-200.jpg

• Like 1

System:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, toni said:

Will you include an Option  to make the Arcade IFOLS  visible or not into Settings please ?

It was in the works a few months ago so I guess we can assume it's coming soon:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/238440-disable-flols-overlay/?do=findComment&comment=4545945

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

ED is this doable? 

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8,