[REPORTED]OB 2.5.6.50793 : still crashes of Fast Mission Builder

simfan2019

Latest Open Beta june 11 : still the same problem although according the OB release notes it should have been fixed in the latest OB version !

FMB with P-47 + Channel map = crash, each and every time

Took me again 3 minutes to find out.

Ok, the builtin missions do work, but the FMB should too !?

Hoping for a new OB version or Hotfix, but this is not a true showstopper

:(

Thanks BIGNEWY.

[bTW my son had the same FMB crashes I reported.

We have completely different PC configs with different GB of RAM (in common though : both use latest versions of the Nvidia driver, Turing as well as Pascal cards)

I only reported this once I was sure this happened not only on my own PC config]

• ED Team
FWIW the latest *979 hotfix version (june 17) did not yet fix this bug (but it was not mentioned in the fix-list so that was to be expected).

Correct not fixed yet.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Hi BIGMEWY

Sorry, still not fixed it seems...

Latest OB dd 2020-08-19 did not fix the crashing of the DCS QMB either.

It only seems to happen with the new Syria as well as the Channel maps.

This seems to be an issue for other DCS sim players as well with systems having ... 8, 16 as well as 32 GB of system RAM (so the increased size/details of those new map may not be the issue !???).

[i, personally, can use a.o. the superb DCS "Full Mission Editor" instead ... but maybe new DCS users are not yet used to it and moreover, I personally like the DCS QMB as well for creating simple missions in no time]

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach your dcs crash log or zip after the crash happens.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

One of the crash files attached

Hi BIGNEWY

Attached on of the crash logs

I have to inform you though that it sometimes works, depending of which options I am selecting (I use the Advanced option of the QMB).

If I do not use the Advanced option it sometimes does work (occasionally).

This log was produced rapidly on my oldest system with 8GB RAM on which all the rest of DCS works fine though, but it also happens with 16 GB and 32 GB systems as well !

DCS logs and screen shot (with error) attached.

Thank You so much

Simfan

dcs.log

Node-Empty.thumb.JPG.c0ce7795aaf01a7586db31771a45e956.JPG

Edited by simfan2019

Hello again BIGNEWY,

I tested again after the latest DCS World Patch on (today) 2020-08-26 ...

Got some good news about the QMB and the Syria map ... the problems seem to be fixed !

I tried a number of times with different planes and time of day and it now worked fine (but I need to test some more of course)

However the Channel map is still producing the same error in the DCS World QMB ... so I still can't generate missions with it (errors are the same as reported on august 20, please see the attached screenshot fron august 20)

The Full Missions Editor is/seems OK with the Channel map (so only the QMB seems to be involved).

Thank you.

[iMHO ... both the Channel and Syria maps are incredible ... and everyone else seems to agree

!!!]

• ED Team

Hi

thank you for the feedback, I will chase up the channel issue.

Thank you BIGNEWY !

[strange ... that this issue was not reported more frequently.

I can only assume the QMB is not used all that much and most people are using the more advanced Full Mission/Campaign Editor instead ! But to me the DCS QMB is offering me intsantly an almost unlimited number of DCS missions and therefore ... I still like it a lot]

• 4 weeks later...