SP Campaign: Operation Earnest Will

SpikeGondorff

Once Overlord tells you to start intercepting the F5s...

My fault was I started the intercept course before that order (after 2nd message), not to intercept but to monitor.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

My fault was I started the intercept course before that order (after 2nd message), not to intercept but to monitor.

Ahh, I understand. I should be able to work the triggers with some redundancies in case that happens. Or at the very least make sure the directions are clearer that you're not supposed to intercept the first time they pop up.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you have any other issues.

Don't know if it is only my problem, but nobody lases me target in mission 4 (with night bombing). Also my wingmen just fly with me, without atacking targets. I have tried to finish this mission several times. After one of the attempts the mission started to launch from the middle, spawing me near WP3 instead of carrier. When I tried to exit mission and push the green button in the menu "complete the mission" my DCS crashed. After that when I tried again to continue the campaign DCS gave me the previous mission from the beginning, like I never completed it :/

Don't know if it is only my problem, but nobody lases me target in mission 4 (with night bombing). Also my wingmen just fly with me, without atacking targets. I have tried to finish this mission several times. After one of the attempts the mission started to launch from the middle, spawing me near WP3 instead of carrier. When I tried to exit mission and push the green button in the menu "complete the mission" my DCS crashed. After that when I tried again to continue the campaign DCS gave me the previous mission from the beginning, like I never completed it :/

How do you know there's no laser? Remember that there's only 7 minute time frame. Wingman has no impact on your mission completion.

Read the OP:

What I've done is create 2 missions per stage. The first is the cold start, have-to-do-everything mission. The second is a variation of that same mission that starts you airborne and closer to the action.
The caveat to this is that you can move back in the campaign. Which means if you crash, die, girlfriend screams at you, etc. before you trigger the Results = 50, then your Results will be 0. If this happens and you don't want to replay the previous mission, you MUST click “Close” on the summary screen (button in the bottom left). If you click the green “End Mission” button on the bottom right, you will fail the mission and move back in the campaign.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Mission 3 I cant get the GBUS to track. can someone step by step explain buddy lazing from the dropping air crafts perspective? Im not a n00b, Ive had the module since day 1. But NEVER can get buddy lazing to work cept once with the JF17 and a JTAC.

Otherwise online with my squad nope. also trying to drop multiple LGBS they neever track or whatever.

I know the lazers were on, I could see them in NVG and the targets.

Also - ez comms off, I even checked miz editor for freaks, Im on the right freaks, NOONE will answeerr me. and yes I know which radio is UHF and wich is VHF and which can do which.

So some advice or help

Please dont send me to chucks guide. or youtube. I trawled both extensively. Im doing exactly what is intstructed. but its just not working

Can I simply ignore the mission orders and dumb bomb the targets?

How do you know there's no laser? Remember that there's only 7 minute time frame. Wingman has no impact on your mission completion.

Read the OP:

Guys - you can always tell if theres a lazer at night. turn on your NVGs. lazers are visible

:Facepalm: it even says so in the briefing ffs.

Sorry for the delayed response (real life kept me busy this past week), but are you still having trouble? As Draconus said, your wingmates' actions have no bearing on the mission success. Even if they are shot down, you can still succeed as long as you bomb your target.

Are you seeing the automatic message about the lasing? If you're not seeing it, then the laser isn't firing (and as others have said, you can also see it through the NVGs). I'll try the mission tonight and see if one of the recent updates messed it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, what's the average lenght of full missions? Couple of hours? More? Less?

I'd say full are about 60-80min and continued versions (from mission checkpoint) 40-60min.

@Spike: Can you check Silkworms mission? After the bomb run there is immediate message to go hunting heading 220 but there is nothing on the way to Stennis. Tried 3 times already.

Edited by draconus

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading Bio Baranek's chapter on Earnest Will. Sounds fun!

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished! The missions were great, surprising and entertaining with bits of a challenge. The story was cool, dialogs were fun, if only they were voiced... Thanks Spike!

If anyone is going to try - don't forget to install the recommended Iranian skins - you won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spike,

I'm currently in M3 but I have experienced some issues so far unfortunately.

In M2 & M3 I don't receive feedback from the tanker. I tune the radio to the required frequency, I request form-up multiple times but never get an answer and the baskets don't come out. Manually tuning the radio doesn't work either.

Also in M3 I don't see any messages from Overlord. I can see the radio messages of myself and Cold 1-2 but never the reply from Overlord. I do suppose he should give one?

Edit: I'm stupid, I never tuned the VHF to 133.000. Hence never getting a reply from Overlord. Tanker issue remains though (probably something on my end as well :P )

Please advise.

Kind regards.

In M2 & M3 I don't receive feedback from the tanker. I tune the radio to the required frequency, I request form-up multiple times but never get an answer and the baskets don't come out. Manually tuning the radio doesn't work either.

Just checked @ latest beta: M2(SC) has a S-3 tanker @264MHz which is CH2 on AN/ARC-159 and CH4 on AN/ARC-182; M3(SC) has KC-135MPRS @263, same channels on radios - working fine. Make sure you use proper radio PTT button.

Thanks a lot SpikeGondorff for nice campaign. So far I am at mission 3 and I like atmosphere of missions. With RIO comments and missions design. Just really minor nitpicking like no Iran skins on F-5 or Sweden skins on Hercules probably because I have that skin installed and it get set as first default.

BTW if you are interested I modified some TTS generator that I found on Github with other DCS project to directly generate OGG files with radio noise.

http://prekladytextu.eu/DCS/radiomes...neratorfix.zip

Here is example with speech I aded into one of my missions:

If you are interested send me all texts and I will generate speech for you.

BTW that Viggen next to parked F-14 in the 2nd mission was funny. I was not sure If i see it right so I had to zoom in view to check it :)

When I released the bomb I switched to weapon camera (F6) and the bomb flew without correction, then passed by the rig and crashed on the island.

Sorry for the delayed response (real life kept me busy this past week), but are you still having trouble? As Draconus said, your wingmates' actions have no bearing on the mission success. Even if they are shot down, you can still succeed as long as you bomb your target.

Are you seeing the automatic message about the lasing? If you're not seeing it, then the laser isn't firing (and as others have said, you can also see it through the NVGs). I'll try the mission tonight and see if one of the recent updates messed it up.

Yeah, I still have the issue. Just tried to pass the mission today and have not succeeded. I have the messages about lasing and I think I see some lasing through the NVGs (not sure how it suppose to look like, tho), but the bombs miss the target. I tried two passes: on 1500AGL (according to kneeboard) and on 5000 ft. Both times bombs did not catch the laser, I followed them with weapon camera (F6).

• 2 months later...

Hi 

A very big THANK YOU @SpikeGondorff for this BRILLIANT campaign !

Sooo intense and plausible one, based on historic events.

Every Missions worked fine except the Mission7 with runway bombing; looks like the check(base)<1000 script is down. Whatever i do ( in the proper way) the runway is declared "still usable", which is not. I had to force the Marker 99 to bypass the trigger....

But now i'm sad, i finished the campaign, just need MORE ! 😀😀

Once again, a VERY BIG THANK YOU 

2 hours ago, pieroboy99 said:

Every Missions worked fine except the Mission7

Did the Silkworms fire in one of the last missions for you?

1 hour ago, pieroboy99 said:

Nope, you're right !

I destroyed them in mission 8 but they were anormaly quiet....

I guess we miss something, which is broken.... 

Last time I checked the trigger to fire them won't work.

Yeah you're right !

I've just checked and with those silkworms not firing, we miss a big part of the story/triggers in this mission......

But the Silkworms themselves seems to be broken in DCS: i've just put a little group of these with no triggers nor condition and they didn't fire !

Report ?