Another broken BETA update.

Skyron

Is ED taking advantage of our love for flying to do FREE beta testing?

Shouldn't they try at least the basics before release even some BETA update?

If i Go to Stable, will i have all F16 and F18 systems that i paid for, and don't have then even after 2 years?

Why only ED's responsibility modules have problems and not other companies?

Heatblur?

Let's see what Microprose has to offer.

As do I Skyron. And yet I really don’t see the way they do things as an earth shattering problem.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Guyz, this BETA thing joke you tell all the time, is to BETA test something new, not to **** up everything.

Yes ill do beta testing to the new things. no problem with that.

and - OK, ill go to stable, witch stable module is complete? hohoho.

Yes garyscott, is not shattering any earth, but sometime this thing has to stop.

im 36YO, and i play DCS since 2003 (LOMAC).

I played more that a thousant, for some shitty developer not doing good this job.

This aint a game you pay 30dollars to play forever.

Hi. I’m 49, and have enjoyed walks in the park, good coffee, and DCS for about the same length of time as yourself, since being medically discharged from the Air Force.

Your argument still seems a bit, well, over the top.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

There are so many complex base features here being developed in parallel and then so many complex modules that what you wish for might be possible if you'd accept to have a much bigger delay between open beta releases and with less features included.

And even then, if development of some feature gets delayed, it would probably delay the whole release again as you'd need time to retest all the modules with the base code locked. So, all the other features planned might have been completed, but they would have to wait till the delayed one is complete. And then it might turn out that this base feature broke something in many modules, so then you get more delays until all the 3rd parties patch everything up just so you can validate and retest again.

I don't think the majority of people would like that (e.g. imagine having the delays which happened with the DCS Supercarrier, but applied to an open beta release).

Personally, I prefer the current model of more frequent open beta releases even though it results in a messy release now and then.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Dear Dudi, thanks for your answer.

if my bad English let me understood your answer, there are too few times where another developer (HeatBlur - Deka - Leatherneck - etc) , Why not modules from that dont have any problems?

Why do those delivered almost ended modules and ED - which is the mother Company cant?

Its frustrating when in almost every update they break something that is already working?

These i write are not some kind of toxic-ironic questions, they are real questions.

This is not professional work.

if my bad English let me understood your answer, there are too few times where another developer (HeatBlur - Deka - Leatherneck - etc) , Why not modules from that dont have any problems?

Are you really sure there's no problems? E.g. I can see on the forums that stuff gets broken on the F-14 regularly as well and some stuff takes a long time to get fixed.

But, in general, ED has to work on all the base features and their modules in parallel and their modules are usually the first ones using all these new features so they get most of the flak.

3rd party modules are consequently more stable as they are focused only on testing and maintaining their own few modules though I'd expect they quite often get a lot of headache when some ED base feature changes and breaks their code.

And again, the main problem is that you expect stable functionality from the open beta branch. It might be annoying to hear that brought up over and over, but this is a fact.

Switch to stable and wait for much longer between releases if the open beta model doesn't suit you. If most of the MP servers are using Open Beta, then perhaps it should be taken up with them, not ED?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Are you really sure there's no problems? E.g. I can see on the forums that stuff gets broken on the F-14 regularly as well and some stuff takes a long time to get fixed.

But, in general, ED has to work on all the base features and their modules in parallel and their modules are usually the first ones using all these new features so they get most of the flak.

3rd party modules are consequently more stable as they are focused only on testing and maintaining their own few modules though I'd expect they quite often get a lot of headache when some ED base feature changes and breaks their code.

And again, the main problem is that you expect stable functionality from the open beta branch. It might be annoying to hear that brought up over and over, but this is a fact.

Switch to stable and wait for much longer between releases if the open beta model doesn't suit you. If most of the MP servers are using Open Beta, then perhaps it should be taken up with them, not ED?

i totally understand this might be a chain reaction, as long as i can recall , mostly ED modules problems makes them unplayable.

like yesterdays, total radar breakout, you can remember other things like INS collapse, not able to even Fly from one point to another and many other things.

i Have never been able and not to fly and shoot down while in the F14, or in Mig21, or in JF17, or Viggen.

i Can understand little minor problems, but how can you release a beta update with the most popular modules been not even playable?

As you said, 90% of the community is only playing Beta version of DCS with 10% been only very casual players.

My opinion is that ED strategy pushed all this 90% to play in BETA.

i will repeat that this is not a 30$ game like IL2, or - FSX. DCS is a very expensive hoddy that should be equally respected.

Beta testing is for testing something new, not destroy past fixes, they should TEST atleast major functionalities, at least been able to do thigs you did before.

If i Go to Stable, will i have all F16 and F18 systems that i paid for, and don't have then even after 2 years?

Why only ED's responsibility modules have problems and not other companies?

Heatblur?

Let's see what Microprose has to offer.

You claim to have been around for years, so you should know only too well that stable is not far behind Beta.

Regarding which to use, that’s your choice.

Don’t like beta, use stable and please stop bleating about beta, which is very much there for final testing

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This thread is useless, you don't bring anything other than your rant. Everybody knows beta has bugs, stable as well because some stuff takes more time to fix. DCS never stops growing and modules are a constant WIP, it's a compromise. The patch was released yesterday and you're already all over the forums, get some patience.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

You claim to have been around for years, so you should know only too well that stable is not far behind Beta.

Regarding which to use, that’s your choice.

Don’t like beta, use stable and please stop bleating about beta, which is very much there for final testing

My Dear Friend,

If we all have all these years not supported ED's when and releasing nice looking videos asking for money, is not telling that the module will be ready in 4 years.

I am an ED funboy, and supporter, i have allmost every module spent allmost a thousant ****ing dollars. i know very well of what are you talking about, and you know what im talking about, and please dont start the "this is beta , if you dont want dont play".

ED IS forcing us mentally to play BETA, or else - no multiplayer ,no?

ED does not know that 90% play BETA? Why this shit behavior?

For me, these things are unacceptable. you dont read what i write, i speak about breaking old things that were working, not BETA Test something new. They shound test at least BASIC things before release.

How can we test new things if the shit cant fly and battle?

This is the most expensive game ever in the planet, dont behave us like sheep

This thread is useless, you don't bring anything other than your rant. Everybody knows beta has bugs, stable as well because some stuff takes more time to fix. DCS never stops growing and modules are a constant WIP, it's a compromise. The patch was released yesterday and you're already all over the forums, get some patience.

My Man!!!!

10+ years patience??

Things should go better, not worse.

I agree with Skyron.

I also play over +10 years now, but always have seen bugged versions.

I know its Beta. But MSFS 2020 is in pre Alpha where i am a part off. and this is even in a better state than at DCS in this state.

My wishes are that they test their product even better before they release it in Open Beta.

Else Start an Alpha version where people can test it in the alpha state, if the problems are gone in Alpha, then bring it to Open Beta and from Open Beta to Stable.

I really understand the feelings of Skyron.

I Hope also that the reddit message will been seen by ED and do something with it.

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

Oh you have VR in MS2020 preAlpha and you can shoot things in MS2020 and the planes have detailed radar and weapons simulations, complete with mission editor and scripting possibilities ready? Boy now I am looking forward to this combat simulator by MS. ;-)

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Oh you have VR in MS2020 preAlpha and you can shoot things in MS2020 and the planes have detailed radar and weapons simulations, complete with mission editor and scripting possibilities ready? Boy now I am looking forward to this combat simulator by MS. ;-)

Well you can't shoot things in DCS while in F18 either mate.