Infinite Fuel

Cgjunk2

The Mig keeps running indefinitely after running out of fuel. This bug was evident not only in the current DCS patch that will live in infamy, but also in the previous patch (which I also thought would live in infamy). This occurs with the infinite fuel option turned off, and on either SP or MP missions.

I cant confirm that. Tried in instant action on Caucasus and Nevada and both times I run out of fuel which caused flameout. Had another user conduct test with me and same with him, he also had a flameout.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

In several instant action missions (and a dogfighting mission played against a friend) I couldn't confirm this. I actually lost a fight due to the fuel running out.

I'll poke around some more today, maybe it's associated with a particular loadout or ground-starts?

This is getting to be a proper mystery! I asked a few discord friends, and they are not getting this problem either. Yet today, I was able to replicate it on instant action, on a clean mission editor mission (only one mig), and flew around Aerobatics Online server for 20 minutes or so without any fuel left at all. So it seems that my problem is somehow specific to me. I only have one mod installed (the Edge 540), but then again so do my discord friends, and they don't report this problem. I have no idea what else could be causing this problem, so if anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate them. Running out of fuel is extremely important in the Mig21, because usually all my flights end up as dead stick landings...it's such a huge part of the fun:P

By the way, I did a repair on my DCS install and it still has this problem. I also re-re verified that my "infinite fuel" check box is not checked off.

I've included some track files. I started the mission editor mission with about 8 percent fuel.

Fuel does not run out.trk

Fuel does not run out-mission editor.trk

Edited by Cgjunk2

In several instant action missions (and a dogfighting mission played against a friend) I couldn't confirm this. I actually lost a fight due to the fuel running out.

I'll poke around some more today, maybe it's associated with a particular loadout or ground-starts?

I should have added, yes indeed rossmum, it may be associated with some weird variable. I say this because in fact, some of the flights I did for testing end up with engine shutdown upon fuel depletion. Why only some flights worked properly, while others didn't has not come to me yet.

Found the problem. It was a bit embarrasing really. The simplified engine management optiin was turned on... I had turned it on to see if it would prevent flameouts at speed. It did not, so I forgot about it and forgot to turn it off. Apparently all it does is let the engine continue running at 0g, and inverted. It also lets you continue running after depleting fuel.

What may be a bug however, is that it is able to override the “no infinite fuel” option on MP servers. Quite the exploit! Technically, simplified engine management is not infinite fuel (fuel is consumed at normal rates), but it has the same net effect.

Found the problem. It was a bit embarrasing really. The simplified engine management optiin was turned on... I had turned it on to see if it would prevent flameouts at speed. It did not, so I forgot about it and forgot to turn it off. Apparently all it does is let the engine continue running at 0g, and inverted. It also lets you continue running after depleting fuel.

What may be a bug however, is that it is able to override the “no infinite fuel” option on MP servers. Quite the exploit! Technically, simplified engine management is not infinite fuel (fuel is consumed at normal rates), but it has the same net effect.

For some reason after every update, All special settings reset back to normal. I just go there and change to my preferred setting after each update before even starting mission.

Though I still haven't used simplified setting yet, so it was really hard to pin point your problem.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk