Airspeed indicator drops to Zero on approach

Davee

On the channel map in the P-47

The airspeed indicator drops to zero and stays there when on approach to landing.

See post about ASI and performance issues. It drops to zero when altimeter goes below zero and if you did not set QFE on spawn it will be reading -1500' at touchdown.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I'm having wonky issues intermittently as well. Sometimes the AS indicator stays stuck at 250 knots when downwind. Altimeter sometimes does not work, it shows me as way way low when I should be at 1,000' and it looks about 200'. But I get it, its early still, over all very happy. Constantly trimming to be able to hit anything in the air : ) but thats pretty realistic, an untrimmed AC is a handful

Only on the channel map? I have had zero issues on Normandy. I'm wondering if it has to do with the channel map being stuck at 0°C, which would cause airspeed issues if you forgot to turn on probe heat (been there done that).

Pitot heat switched on everytime the generator switch is switched on.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

See post about ASI and performance issues. It drops to zero when altimeter goes below zero and if you did not set QFE on spawn it will be reading -1500' at touchdown.

Confirmed that this is NOT a bug.

Altitude indicator works correctly when QFE is set appropriately.

Thanks again Tinkickef

Still had this issue pop up last night on the aerobatic server. Set QFE and was on final for Sochi, airspeed dropped to zero and picked up again roughly 1200 agl.

Still had this issue pop up last night on the aerobatic server. Set QFE and was on final for Sochi, airspeed dropped to zero and picked up again roughly 1200 agl.

Yep still happens. Only aircraft I ever knew that speeds up in a steep climb and slows down in a steep dive but only after a while. Everything is fine at first, then after maybe 30mins something gets screwed up in the pitot static system. Around the time when aux tank is on fumes and its time to switch to the main tank.

I had the airspeed in indicator stuck at 250 kts yesterday, despite pitot heat being on from startup. No breakers tripped.

I don't think the pitot heat is working, which with the channel map only available temp being 0 degrees is a bit problematic.

Landed at Hawkinge today with airspeed indicating and stuck at 350kts, yet angle of attack was so high I had to turn using the rudder with much crabbing and sideslipping in the turn. Ailerons were pretty much useless apart from keeping the wings level.

I reckon my true airspeed was likely nearer 80kts.

Edited by Tinkickef