[ACKNOWLEDGED]DDIs still almost impossible to read and MPCD too dark

imacken

Did you apply the textures from Harkers mod and copy them to the cockpit? Did you select the cockpit that was modified by Harkers texture files in game from the special options menu for the f18?

I did but it did not overwrite the first time and I made sure it did now and it works finally. Looks a lot better now.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

its not perfect, but the overall effect is you can see again:) glad its now working for you

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok I give up. I can’t find the controllers for red and yellow on the DDI/AMPCD. I can find references to it in the various subpages, but can’t actually find where the color is set.
In materials.lua, the HUD font is controlled by "MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HUD] and the fonts for the displays are exactly below that. (MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI, RMDI and HI, for the left DDI, right DDI and MPCD respectively). Below those, you can find the controllers for individual colors and other displays too (RWR, UFC, JHMCS etc).

The format is = {R, G, B, Alpha}.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ok interesting. I started to edit those, but they had names like INDICATION_COMMON_AMBER or INDICATION_COMMON_RED. I wasn’t sure if those would affect the caution lights on the cockpit itself or just the DDIs. Plus in the DDI subpage .luas, I see things like “MDG_EADI_RDR_SetYellowColor” (not exactly but similar), and I couldn’t find any reference to those in the other scripts so I assumed it was out of my control. I’ll try the other settings in the main materials.lua

Oh and to be clear I did find the MDG_materials that controls the green on DDIs and I’m much happier with my values for that (posted above)

Edited by Subferro
Found the real names in materials.lua

Ok interesting. I started to edit those, but they had names like INDICATION_COMMON_AMBER or INDICATION_COMMON_RED. I wasn’t sure if those would affect the caution lights on the cockpit itself or just the DDIs. Plus in the DDI subpage .luas, I see things like “MDG_EADI_RDR_SetYellowColor” (not exactly but similar), and I couldn’t find any reference to those in the other scripts so I assumed it was out of my control. I’ll try the other settings in the main materials.lua

Oh and to be clear I did find the MDG_materials that controls the green on DDIs and I’m much happier with my values for that (posted above)

The cockpit lights are controlled by a texture, the materials.lua file is for display-related stuff. But we're going too much off topic, so send me a PM if you want more info.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 months later...
here you go !

yep that works a treat!

It is easy with an existing cockpit mod i used

1 )(https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309130/) your mileage may vary. download a cockpit and the modify it as follows

2 )download https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306396/

3 ) copy just the files from textures into the texture files for your cockpit

Which files from which textures into which cockpit???

4 ) edit using a suitable editor (notepad++, or visual studio code), description.lua

Which description.lua? There is one in each mod

a) search for the line {"f18c_cpt-displayglass", 0, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl", false};

b) immediately after that line, insert a new line containing:

{"f18c_cpt-displayglass", 13, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl_Roughmet", false};

c) save the file

5 ) copy the cockpit to your saved games directory (or use OVGME or MODMANFX)

Copy which cockpit?

6 ) go into game and select the cockpit from the special menu in options under FA-18

7 ) fly with fully resplendent non washed out LCD's

Optional,

8 ) if you want the other functionality from @Harkers very cool mod, delete the textures directory and apply as normal

thx

thx

Hmm, I wouldn't rely on that mod now. Things have changed a lot since then in terms of how the Hornet DDIs render. They are still problematic, IMO, but in a different way to before.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box