DCS 2.5.6.50726 OB Phase 1 Cockpit - VERY BEAUTIFUL

joker62

Sorry, but is it possible to have an option of old style annunciators with only text seen and glowing? Current ones with visible backlight are almost unreadable for me.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Sorry, but is it possible to have an option of old style annunciators with only text seen and glowing? Current ones with visible backlight are almost unreadable for me.

Can you provide a screenshot? No problem here with this. The new lights are perfect. Did last night a nightflight Vaziani / Krymsk with winter textures and only a bit of moonlight.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Can you provide a screenshot? No problem here with this. The new lights are perfect. Did last night a nightflight Vaziani / Krymsk with winter textures and only a bit of moonlight.

I prefer this https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=239533&d=1591918132 green-on-black

than this https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=239536&d=1591918232 glittering white on glittering lightgreen - for me its just a blob of lightgreen without text.

Other aspects of new cockpit are very pleasant.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

you can turn the light darker, in your screenshot it is turned to full bright. you have to turn down each panel individually, also the display is the landing gear is locked or for the pylons.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

• 3 months later...

In the DCS newsletter from 4th September there was a dev update for the Mig-21. See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4477190&postcount=269

It there says: "Most importantly a long awaited update to the cockpit mesh was finalised, which substantially improved the precision of cockpit geometry. This will be particularly

appreciated by VR users."

Has this been already released without me noticing or is this something to come at a later point?

Look up. If you see difference in position and shape of gunsight and mirror than yes, you see updated cockpit.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Phase 2 will focus on completely new textures. But that is something that requires going beyond drawings and pictures

We would actually like to scan a MiG-21 cockpit.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

No. During pandemic it is hard to organize anything outside :/ But we're looking into that.

One last question: from what you are saying i infer that the "new cockpit" (mesh and textures?) is (uncertain atm) quite some time away and not something that might be finished by the end of this year? Just trying to manage my expections so i can start enjoying what i have right now in the sim :)

Yes, Phase I which was scheduled for this year was comprised of shape changes. Phase II which is mostly focused on complete rework of the textures will take more time.

New cockpit frame mesh (enormously better forwards vis, easier to use periscope without moving your head so much), cockpit rescaled to fit external model (no more holes, feels much larger in VR I'm told), new cockpit lighting (fully 3D, from individual light sources rather than backlit-style selfillum textures), some updates to external mesh details, optimised external texture maps. Since about... June, I want to say?