[REPORTED]Broken damage model in 2.5.6.50726 ?

Hi,

To check the HUD visibility this patch I loaded up the Instant Action F-16 mission "offensive BFM", and it seems the damage model is broken:

the first Su-27 ate 4 sidewinders and kept going, so I followed up with both amraams, and still it kept going. It's only after landing a few gun rounds that he ejected. Track included below:

zXFfzvg.png

EnwjjA8.png

Track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F18kMBOfFLO2H7_F-pcIGw-W32NIPzoh/view?usp=sharing

(forum upload failed since the track is 10MB)

Edited by Elysian Angel
first track failed to upload - added link to google drive instead
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Just dumped 6 AIM-9's into an F-5 and he lived

Edited by BonerCat

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

UPDATE: It seems to be just aircraft: my KA-50 kills tanks and SAMs just fine.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

Teste F-16 and F-18 using AIM120 and AIM9 against F5, Su25, Su27.

Neither guns, nor missiles would bring the enemy planes down.

Only flying into them killed them sufficiently.

So while I guess due to the less than cheerful and productive mood Airhunter's post will disappear. It is certainly understandable where it's coming from.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

It's Open Beta... i can't believe why you dudes still get caught in the same trap? Oh, i know why... i want it first, no i want it first, NO, I WANT IT FIRST.

And then it blows up in your face... again!!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It's Open Beta... i can't believe why you dudes still get caught in the same trap? Oh, i know why... i want it first, no i want it first, NO, I WANT IT FIRST.

Because the current "stable" verion is any better? It is maybe slightly less broken but still riddled with the same bugs and issues.

Goddamit ED, test your shit before you push stuff...

Best case scenario it's the wrong build that has been pushed, which isn't too encouraging.

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

Well the radar doesn't work in the hornet anymore so I don't think I'll be able to use missiles anyway :D

Its a disaster

What works and what I used to test was ACM Boresight mode in the Hornet.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I moved to OB because the campaigns were (and still are?) broken on Stable. Don't pretend like everything works there either.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

It’s beyond me at this point.. also stable version is basically a previous beta with the same bugs so can’t really use that either.

I don’t understand why people keep defending ED. In the current crisis the first step is to acknowledge there is a profound issue in their development process.

Loving the game, but suffering the lack of improvement and constant state of unfinished work.

Hope they figure it out sooner then later.

Cheers’

What works and what I used to test was ACM Boresight mode in the Hornet.

+1

ED get your mess working! Since february and 2.5.6 there are bugs after bugs after bugs. One fixed bug opens 10 other bugs. Performance is crap too since 2.5.6 in VR!

What's going on with you? This sim is a joke at the moment!!! A bad joke!

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Performance is crap too since 2.5.6 in VR!

Funny that you'd say that: my experience is the opposite. That's one thing that seems to be working out for ED these last few builds: for me at least performance is getting better and better :)

Spoiler

Funny that you'd say that: my experience is the opposite. That's one thing that seems to be working out for ED these last few builds: for me at least performance is getting better and better :)

Agree, performance is slightly better and visuals are on the rise as well. What’s also on the rise is CTDs and bugged systems.

UPDATE: It seems to be just aircraft: my KA-50 kills tanks and SAMs just fine.

Not really, it's more of A/A problem. Ka-50 can't take out other helos anymore(12 vikhrs and Mi-24 only smoking but still flying). And I had no problem bombing tanks in F-16 on current version.

Does the issue exist against AI aircraft or client aircraft or both?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It’s beyond me at this point.. also stable version is basically a previous beta with the same bugs so can’t really use that either.

I don’t understand why people keep defending ED. In the current crisis the first step is to acknowledge there is a profound issue in their development process.

Loving the game, but suffering the lack of improvement and constant state of unfinished work.

Hope they figure it out sooner then later.

Cheers’

For me they have until BMS implement VR to figure their stuff out.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png