Waypoint slaving to flir does not work properly in multiplayer.

vermu

Hi,

I had a blast dropping laser guided bombs so I decided to do the same with my son. We had nav points at the same spot in mission editor. We slaved nav point to flir and I had to slew flir cursor just a tad down and I saw the target. My son said he can't find the target that was a plane on ramp. I went to see his flir and I couldn't find the target either.

I double checked the mission editor and nav points were at the same target. Our planes started mid air and close to each other. I finally found the target from my son's flir but the nav point was quite far away from target. I was hosting our game and I had nav point spot on but my son did not have. Why is that?

Edited by vermu

That's difficult to answer without knowing what aircraft you two have flown ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hornet I guess, I had identical issue yesterday on Hoggit Persian Gulf . I didn't record the track file so I didn't report. It may be my mistake, second flight, without resetting the plane I was able to slew the pod to the other waypoint without any problem.

Hornet I guess, I had identical issue yesterday on Hoggit Persian Gulf . I didn't record the track file so I didn't report. It may be my mistake, second flight, without resetting the plane I was able to slew the pod to the other waypoint without any problem.

Hmm, never had such an issue with the Hornet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, we flew hornets. We'll try it again today but yesterday we tried 5 times in a row and it didn't work out. For me it works always like charm. I asked this if there are syncing issues or something else. But we don't get any rubberbanding or other issues when just flying in formation.