Beautiful map, but VR?

Seems like your 11Gb of vram are the reason why the map is fairly smooth for you, as otherwise I run extremely similar settings to you and my rig is roughly comparable in performance - except I am limited to 8gb of VRAM. Makes you wonder what the disappointment will be for those who bought a new RTX3070 and intend to play DCS and especially this map, but I’m guessing newer maps in general.

Thanks for the feedback and great to read that it’s working well for you!

AMD R5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3000MHz | RTX 2070 SUPER | Oculus Rift S | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 | Thrustmaster TCWS

7 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

Seems like your 11Gb of vram are the reason why the map is fairly smooth for you, as otherwise I run extremely similar settings to you and my rig is roughly comparable in performance - except I am limited to 8gb of VRAM. Makes you wonder what the disappointment will be for those who bought a new RTX3070 and intend to play DCS and especially this map, but I’m guessing newer maps in general.

Thanks for the feedback and great to read that it’s working well for you!

Not necessarily. I have 24Gb VRAM. 

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 2:32 AM, imacken said:

Not necessarily. I have 24Gb VRAM. 

I have 11. Last time I checked it was pretty grim!

------------

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H,1080Ti OC edition, i7-8770k 5ghz, 1 T SSD, 16GB DDR4 3200, HTC VIVE, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, Gametrix JETSEAT, Voice attack