VR friendly prop textures that pass IC

=475FG= Dawger

VR users have a miserable experience with the stock prop textures.

The issue is easily resolved by cleaning up the existing textures.

However, this causes Integrity Check failures.

Since the game knows when VR is in use it seems a fairly simple matter to include alternative prop textures that are automatically used when in VR.

this would be greatly appreciated by everyone who wants to enjoy WWII aircraft in VR in MP.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Im with you on this it really messes with VR the current prop texture

Im lucky we have IC turned off on the servers I play on so im not having an issue yet.

That is the current solution and the one I am using on my server but we all know that it cannot be a long term solution on a public server.

The jackasses will eventually make that untenable.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

What does the prop look like on your guys end? I flew the Jug in VR last night without any mods and the prop texture looked fine on my system, except for some distortion of close objects when looking through the prop.

The gunsite and the edges of the reflector glass tear and distort, especially against clouds.

Same thing happens in the Spitfire.

P-51 isn't quite as bad but the prop textures themselves are pretty awful, with a lot of garbage outside of the actual prop circumference.

It really is a completely unnecessary graphic effect in the first place. Very unrealistic to see the prop disc like that all the time. Most of the time, it is barely discernible in a real airplane.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...