X52 Pro Rudder Axis not available in game

GhastlyTT

A buddy of mine that wants to learn the A10C is having some trouble binding his X52 Pro's twist axis to rudder. It shows up in windows' joy.cpl. It shows up in Logitech's profiler. But we can not get it to be recognized in DCS World. Is there a fix or is this a known issue.

Drivers and software were uninstalled and reinstalled. This is a fresh just installed copy of Open Beta. In assign axis, twisting the stick full range does not assign it to the rudder.

Any advise welcome. Thanks!

A buddy of mine that wants to learn the A10C is having some trouble binding his X52 Pro's twist axis to rudder. It shows up in windows' joy.cpl. It shows up in Logitech's profiler. But we can not get it to be recognized in DCS World. Is there a fix or is this a known issue.

Drivers and software were uninstalled and reinstalled. This is a fresh just installed copy of Open Beta. In assign axis, twisting the stick full range does not assign it to the rudder.

Any advise welcome. Thanks!

Axis are not assigned by "using" the axis. You have to select the axis from the drop down menu. In this case, JOY_RZ

Thank you. Pitch, Roll, and throttle were assigned in the manner which I described. When I could not get the "Twist" axis to assign to rudder, I did proceed to assign it in the drop down menu. Even with JOY_RZ selected, and the windows joystick config on the next screen showing good movement on the axis, DCS did not reflect the same. Are you an X52 Pro user with a working twist rudder? May I ask what version of Logitech's profiler you're using? Maybe it's broken in the most recent version. Thanks again!

edit: to clarify, when you're assigning an axis, if you open the Assign box and move the axis through it's full range of motion, DCS auto selects it from the drop down. This did not and does not happen for the stick's twist axis even though Windows recognizes the full range of motion. Then I tried manually selecting from the drop down which also failed.

Edited by GhastlyTT

Yes I have X52 Pro and twist works fine.

Software version 8.0.213.0

Driver version 8.0.121.0

Can you get the twist to assign to anything other than rudder?

And I can confirm the other axis are recognized by moving them. But twist has to be entered manually.

Edited by Taz1004

Thanks for your time. We're going to try again tomorrow. I'll compare his software versions with yours and we'll try assigning the axis manually and testing it from the aircraft instead of the settings. No, the twist axis couldn't be assigned to anything. We temporarily set his rudder to top rotary.

Assigning the rudder axis manually didn't work. On same driver and software version, too. Twist rudder still shows working in the game control panel and also functions in another flight sim. DCS world is the only program that doesn't see it. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

Well, few things to check. Make sure twist lock is off. Nothing is assigned to twist in profiler (Set to Fall Back).

In DCS, check Axis Tune after manually assigning it to see if it's set to axis, not slider.

It is assigned to correct column in DCS. If there're other controller columns, clear the entire column.

Is the Twist called "Z Rotation" in Windows game control panel?

Hi Taz,

I have a X52 Pro too. Where do you check the software version?

I have another question, I cannot find Saitek´s SST software that allows programming the X52. My question is: Does it works in DCS? How do you program modes in DCS?

Thank You (and sorry to be off topic)

Saitek has been sold to Logitech so you have to use Logitech programming software now. You can download from below.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024847013--Downloads-X52-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S-

And yes it works well in DCS.

Thank you for your kind reply for providing me the link.

I am aware about your comment the File is for the X52 (incl drivers) and not for the X52 Pro.

Does the Logitech programming program works for the X52 Pro for you in DCS?

Thanks