Virpil webstore/restock Problems

imaxx

So, finaly.... after passing for the latest restock to get a new alpha grip i wasted an hour in the "fantastic" webstore.

Sorry to say but this is a real pain.

I was "refreshing" around for about 1/2 an hour to get the item in my cart.

Then another 1/2 an hour to try to check the item out and to pay the grip.

No chance, now i get: this item is sold out- message.

I thougt the iotem is save for about 30 minutes as soon as you have it in shoping cart.

What a waste of time.

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Virpil product ordering process is not a pleasant one.

You can have all the items you want in your shopping cart and I can almost guarantee every time you try to order from one of their restock sales you will be unsuccessful.

It's always a pain and they know what their customers/prospective customers think - check their forums,

They have incredible stuff but so poor commercial way to sell it. I've managed to order stuff without any "store problem" in 2 restock, but i'm very disappointed with support desk. I needed the b2b invoice so i've asked for it. they let me wait 1 month to have the invoice and then ship the stuff.

now i need few remaning items to complete the setup but they doesn't respond at all to me on support desk. first time i had to wait 23 days, (twentytreeeee) for a response, now i've been waiting for 15 and only god know for how many other.

pretty intolerable for a customer, specially who spent 1300€+vat for the full set.

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

Had my first run of the lottery system...

Spent a good hour trying, succeeded in adding the Alpha grip to my cart twice, then a Warbrd base... then finally the throttle set.

As with most others... ran into multiple page issues, payment issues.

By the time I got to confirm and checkout, the Alpha was out of stock.... :joystick:

So for my first run, I managed to get a throttle and base. I'm counting myself lucky I guess, as it narrows down my next run in the lottery (whenever that is)...

All in all, a very frustrating process, but the shopping hour has been nothing compared to the last 4 months of real life....

Now, how long does it take to process and ship??

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

Guys, they are announcing a new ordering system next week, along with a 10% price hike to pay for it.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Now, how long does it take to process and ship??

My order got 1 weeks of processing and other 2 for shipment... but other 20 days of slow down due to b2b invoice. Ordered 25th April, recieved 3rd June...

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

Guys, they are announcing a new ordering system next week, along with a 10% price hike to pay for it.

Pretty bad that setting up a decent ordering system is going to cost every Virpil customer

from this point onwards a 10% extra, the stuff is already very expensive

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I agree, but in a way, if it saves me an hour of grief every week or so, it might be worth it!

Yesterday, the site twice took my credit card details and validation codes from my bank, and still it wouldn't finalise the order.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I got to the point where my phone alerted me to my Bank CC charge....But it never gave me an order number at the Virpil website. Just the spinning little "F... You" icon!

End result was my bank calling me 3 hours later telling me my card was deactivated due to fraud.

Virpil web ordering Sucks Ass!!

I got to the point where my phone alerted me to my Bank CC charge....But it never gave me an order number at the Virpil website. Just the spinning little "F... You" icon!

End result was my bank calling me 3 hours later telling me my card was deactivated due to fraud.

Virpil web ordering Sucks Ass!!

To be fair banks have been getting very paranoid lately ..... due to 'rona fraud

I tried to order several thousands punds of computer equipment the other day

card payment was declined by bank had to phone the twats and enable OTP

so they now text me if they think something is dodgy

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

To be fair banks have been getting very paranoid lately ..... due to 'rona fraud

I tried to order several thousands punds of computer equipment the other day

card payment was declined by bank had to phone the twats and enable OTP

so they now text me if they think something is dodgy

Agreed, my experience as well - this isn't Virpil's fault whatsoever. Not this restock but the previous, I had 5 items in my cart that got through to the payment page. Then all of a sudden my bank's Visa credit card decided to add Virpil to the "blocked" list, this after I had just ordered $1000 CAD worth of stuff from them the week before, along with 8 previous Virpil orders on the same card number. By the time I got Visa customer service to remove the block, I had lost everything in my cart (obviously) and got skunked.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Well, it’s all irrelevant now. Virpil’s new ordering system in place on Thursday this week.

I never had any issues ordering stuff from Virpil (always paid with PayPal) and never had stuff beeing out of stock after i had it in my cart. Besides the price, what exactly will change for me? Will it be possible to order stuff that's out of stock and just wait for it to be delivered? Or will i just pay more for their products and nothing else? Does anyone have some infos on that?

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I never had any issues ordering stuff from Virpil (always paid with PayPal) and never had stuff beeing out of stock after i had it in my cart. Besides the price, what exactly will change for me? Will it be possible to order stuff that's out of stock and just wait for it to be delivered? Or will i just pay more for their products and nothing else? Does anyone have some infos on that?

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/1931-virpil-controls-webstore-update-3-new-ordering-process/

New system worked a treat! Just went straight in, pre-ordered the Alpha and got order confirmation immediately from Virpil!

Progress.

Thank you for the update.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Have to agree with imacken. Just pre-ordered a T50CM2 grip and the process worked flawlessly. Of course my CC company flagged it, but as soon as I let them know it was OK, it went through. A hell of lot better then when I ordered from them 2.5 years ago.

Can anyone advise on time to shipping notification....how long from pre-order to when you get your shipping notification?

I'd like to replace my current 1st version of the Virpil throttle with the latest.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Can anyone advise on time to shipping notification....how long from pre-order to when you get your shipping notification?

I'd like to replace my current 1st version of the Virpil throttle with the latest.

Could be a very long time, curious why you are downgrading your throttle to the newer version ?

No more pre-orders

Could be a very long time, curious why you are downgrading your throttle to the newer version ?

That’s a matter of opinion, not fact!

I really miss the analog mini stick. I'm also considering the Winwing Taurus.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

That’s a matter of opinion, not fact!

I never claimed it was a fact!

The removal of analog axes and extra buttons that were in the earlier versions

I would not describe as an improvement

I really miss the analog mini stick. I'm also considering the Winwing Taurus.

It is a pity Virpil never offered and upgrade kit for the V1 or V2 throttles to add new left and right throttle handles, that would have been nice

No more pre-orders

I never claimed it was a fact!

No biggie, but the way you put it made it sound that way.

On June 11th I pre-ordered a new stick, T50CM2. Order was confirmed same day, invoice was paid June 20th, and today I received shipping notification/tracking number.

I guess the wait time depends on the production status of whatever item you order. I can say that this experience has been 100% better then my two previous orders, which were over two years ago. Absolutely no problems with the payment system, and shipping via FedEx is a lot better than the system that was in place when they shipped out of Belarus.