Where's my Channel Map?

reece146

I bought the map yesterday but I still don't have it available inside DCS for download.

I tried forcing it with 'dcs_repair.exe install <CHANNEL>' and that didn't work. I don't have the right string...

Tried CHANNEL, THECHANNEL, CHANNELMAP, Channel_Map, etc. etc. ad naseum.

Does anyone know what the string is to force it to download? Should be in this file in the DCS root directory: autoupdate_log.txt

Or am I missing something obvious to get this installed?

Where do you find open beta access? Also purchased but couldn't find anywhere to download.

P1X-Simucube2PRO-Protosimteh-Fanatec shifter-GeForce RTX 2070-Corsair RM850x-intel core i9-9900k Coffee lake 8-core- Samsung 860 qvo- G.Skill Ripjaws V-series-Windows 10-64bit- Corsaid HYDRO SERIES-Z390 AORUS pro wifi LGA 1151-

2000 Y-BODY "FRC"

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/ third item down... where it says open beta

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/ third item down... where it says open beta

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

P1X-Simucube2PRO-Protosimteh-Fanatec shifter-GeForce RTX 2070-Corsair RM850x-intel core i9-9900k Coffee lake 8-core- Samsung 860 qvo- G.Skill Ripjaws V-series-Windows 10-64bit- Corsaid HYDRO SERIES-Z390 AORUS pro wifi LGA 1151-

2000 Y-BODY "FRC"

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

maybe someone knows this and can help me: I use the stable-version, and at the time I write this, the channel-map is only useable in the OB-version.

Can I nevertheless buy the map now for the discount-price and download it later, when it is finished, or do I have to wait for a „stable Channel-map“-version?

maybe someone knows this and can help me: I use the stable-version, and at the time I write this, the channel-map is only useable in the OB-version.

Can I nevertheless buy the map now for the discount-price and download it later, when it is finished, or do I have to wait for a „stable Channel-map“-version?

Yes, you can purchase now and download later.

Also, if you have enough disk space, you can install Openbeta alongside your current stable DCS ... so that you can try your new purchase.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Also, if you decide to go ahead and install Open Beta (I did - no regrets) the installer will copy your already downloaded modules/terrains from the Stable install and copy to your Open Beta install.

This will save you some time and bandwidth. If you are at the end of a low bandwidth connection that's a big deal.

Thanks for the advice with the Open Beta, but I am not in a hurry and happy with the Stable-Version.

And until the new landscapes of Channel + Syria are released I enjoy all the others with the fantastic new lighting-system :-)

Also, if you decide to go ahead and install Open Beta (I did - no regrets) the installer will copy your already downloaded modules/terrains from the Stable install and copy to your Open Beta install.

This will save you some time and bandwidth. If you are at the end of a low bandwidth connection that's a big deal.

People keep on saying this, don’t install the beta if you can’t live with the fact it might get an update that breaks it because it will be beta...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg