Draging to the left

its from the engine torque and you balance it with the rudder.

either pedal or trim.

the prop rotates to the right and the plane wants to rotate to the left.

the more power you use the worse it gets.

happens in all high performance prop aircraft.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Actually, in flight at speed or on the ground this effect appear as left yawing force. This is why you don't touch aileron trim, but use rudder for this.

Plane rolling tendency is due to unbalanced wings lift due to side slip.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I'm not arguing with you grafspee, I was just following KISS (keep it simple stupid) in my explanation :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Ok. Thank you for the answer. Any advice what I can do because it is har to use buttons in the plane using the left hand on the mouse (I'm righthanded) at the same time that I need to control the rolling of the plane. Would be easyer with an autopilot but of cause that would not be realistic :)

Ok. Thank you for the answer. Any advice what I can do because it is har to use buttons in the plane using the left hand on the mouse (I'm righthanded) at the same time that I need to control the rolling of the plane. Would be easyer with an autopilot but of cause that would not be realistic :)

You need to bind your trim controls to your joystick or another easily accessible device, you will need to trim all the time. rudder and elevation are the primary ones to have to hand, roll is nice to have. then trim trim trim. ;-)

You need to bind your trim controls to your joystick or another easily accessible device, you will need to trim all the time. rudder and elevation are the primary ones to have to hand, roll is nice to have. then trim trim trim. ;-)

Thank you very much :thumbup:

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, grafspee said:

Actually, in flight at speed or on the ground this effect appear as left yawing force. This is why you don't touch aileron trim, but use rudder for this.

Plane rolling tendency is due to unbalanced wings lift due to side slip.

In my experience the P 47 keeps rolling left a bit even when rudder trim (ball centered) is spot on. 

We can counter that by giving slight right roll input or using a tad right aileron trim. In the P 51 I never use aileron trim, in the P 47 a bit to the right.