Force Feedback Shaking not implemented (yet?)

As the title says, trim forces are there but no stick shake/buffeting. Not implemented yet?

• Like 1

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I've yet to see a module release with FFB functionality at the beginning. It's usually added subsequently, rather short term. I also don't get varying spring force, it just more or less kicks in at some point, but I can't determine if I go 150 or 300 mph by the feel of the stick force.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 months later...

Even if its stated in the update. The FFB shake is not there.

Please give a little love to FFB. Its possible as you can see in the F14.

What is really missing is the right stiffeness in relation to speed.

At 150 IAS the Stick is at its maximum stiffeness. When i do a dive with full speed there is no difference to easy cruising.

There are sims out there which simulates the FFB pretty well.

I know most users dont use FFB but for me and many others still using it and is mandatory for flying, the lack of good FFB kills this sim, what is a shame, because it could be really great.

• Like 1

I’d like to see the FFB stick fall full forward when sitting in the parking ramp and needing a decent amount of force to move the stick to the center.

When the engine is started and that big paddle prop starts pushing air I’d like to see the stick slowly start to center itself as the throttle is increased.

At least that’s what I think should happen... right?

• Like 2

I’d like to see the FFB stick fall full forward when sitting in the parking ramp and needing a decent amount of force to move the stick to the center.

When the engine is started and that big paddle prop starts pushing air I’d like to see the stick slowly start to center itself as the throttle is increased.

:thumbup:

Kind of worries me that they said they implemented it but it's not there.

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Im not a P47 pilot but I don't think enough air flow would pass over the elevators for this to start to happen until the actual tail starts rising off the ground.

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 5 weeks later...

DCS 2.5.6.55363 Open Beta 2020-09-23

Still not fixed. :(

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They're about to push it to stable release without implementing forcefeedback correctly. It has been forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, hazzer said:

Did we ever get an answer on this? 

Nope!

@BIGNEWY@NineLine@Yo-Yo

Edited by gavagai

6 hours ago, gavagai said:

Nope!

@BIGNEWY@NineLine@Yo-Yo

Having the same issue trying to get other things fixed like the fact the yak52 was supposed to get its LOD model fixed 2 years ago and that was never done resulting in low fps in mp. Plus the baked in reflections that are not removable in a lot of aircraft. 

They just get ignored. I have been playing dcs from the beginning and it has been an uphill struggle since then. 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Can you advise which modules support FFB? I have the Bruner CLS-E and do not really get any FFB on the modules I regularly use, the F-86 and the A-10C II. I am sure I tried the P-51 and did not get any FFB effects. When i look at the Profile in in CLS2sim, i do not see any tab for effects, whereas in Prepar3D i see multiple entries for effects. I do see the tab for trim effects. 

If anyone can help getting my CLS-E to work with DCS I would be grateful

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Sorry for over looking this thread, 

I will ask the team and if I find anything out I will let you know. 

I do not have ffb so can not test this directly myself. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Sorry for over looking this thread, 

I will ask the team and if I find anything out I will let you know. 

I do not have ffb so can not test this directly myself. 

thanks

Do we have an update? 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
1 minute ago, hazzer said:

Do we have an update? 

no, and as mentioned it is difficult for me to check myself as I do not have a force feedback device

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

no, and as mentioned it is difficult for me to check myself as I do not have a force feedback device

I assume someone at ED does since all the other aircraft have it implemented correctly? 

Seems odd to release the aircraft with it missing, especially when there isn't a confirmed feature list with each aircraft, I just have to hope it is included. 

Perhaps whilst they have a look at this ffb they can confirm if the mossie has it implemented for release? 

• ED Team

I have asked the team again to check it, its all I can do at the moment sorry. 

• Like 1

I have great FFB back in the P-47. I'm flying it right now and the stick even has a slight shake at high speeds, and if the cowl flaps are out. It feels great!

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• ED Team

Can you let us know what sticks you are using and which drivers

thank you