Force Feedback Shaking not implemented (yet?)

53 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Can you let us know what sticks you are using and which drivers

thank you

Upon testing I noticed there was no FFB for stalls/buffeting. Microsoft FFB2

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

MSFFB2 here.

3 driver files are present:

hidclass.sys, version 10.0.18362.1 (Winbuild.160101.0800)

hidparse.sys, version 10.0.18362.175 (Winbuild.160101.0800)

hidusb.sys, version 10.0.18362.175 (Winbuild.160101.0800)

@BIGNEWY

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

potential fix will be in 2.7 

I have no way to test it myself. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/1/2021 at 8:55 AM, Malexx said:

To see that FFB has almost no priority, made me leave dcs in terms of ww2 planes.

Can someone tell me if FFb ist present now or not? Stalls etc?

Thanks in advance!

As a long term MSFFB user I used to think I couldn’t enjoy flight simming without FFB. The lack of precision from the MSFFB Began to grate and I took the plunge and bought a TM Warthog, mainly with the intention of using it with DCS A10 and still flying the props with the MSFFB. I’ve been so impressed with the WH that I’ve never used the MSFFB since I bought it, the WH is now mounted below my desk and has a 10 inch extension which has also made flying the Spitfire in particular a dreamy experience.

Would I like a high quality long throw FFB stick base , yes, but it seems there’s nothing available in the mainstream <£500 GBP market. In the meantime there are good sticks available with far better precision and ergonomics than the trusty old MSFFB.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mogster said:

As a long term MSFFB user I used to think I couldn’t enjoy flight simming without FFB. The lack of precision from the MSFFB Began to grate and I took the plunge and bought a TM Warthog, mainly with the intention of using it with DCS A10 and still flying the props with the MSFFB. I’ve been so impressed with the WH that I’ve never used the MSFFB since I bought it, the WH is now mounted below my desk and has a 10 inch extension which has also made flying the Spitfire in particular a dreamy experience.

Would I like a high quality long throw FFB stick base , yes, but it seems there’s nothing available in the mainstream <£500 GBP market. In the meantime there are good sticks available with far better precision and ergonomics than the trusty old MSFFB.

Whats your point or Statement? Every MSFFB2 user should throw their modded Sticks away? Do you know how much time and money some of us invested in our sticks? Apart from that I have a Warthog System. Its pretty easy, just don't announce FFB support for things which doesn't have FFB. And if no one on the Dev team has a FFB Stick or there is no Interest in further support FFB, just let it be!

There are still enough people out there where FFB is mandatory. 

And to see what's possible, just fly the F14 with FFB, they made a really good job. Why?Because someone there cares!

About FFB Stick with long base ..... DIY!

In best regards ...

IMG_1277.jpg.0e15184ff5ab86e60545ffe02cf53f8f.jpg

• Like 2

The Warthog comes into its own with a short extension, it’s easy to mount below desk level without DIY also. My MSFF2 has unacceptable levels of centre slop. Although not perfect either the WH is much more precise, the build of the stick is great also, by comparison the MSFF2 feels like a plastic toy.

Each to their own. I did enjoy FFB, especially with ROF which has excellent FFB, EDs FFB implementation has always been haphazard. I think it would take TM making an FFB base for their A10 and FA18 sticks for ED to take FFB seriously in 2021. Currently only a tiny minority will be using DCSW with an FFB stick.

• ED Team
On 4/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, gortex said:

Hey, this seems fixed in 2.7.  Thank you, and about time (almost a year?).

Yes should be fixed, I have no way to test it. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2