JDAM's are killing me! What am I doing wrong?

Otonabee

I am following EXACTLY the correct way to set up and drop JDAMS (I think) yet each and every time I drop one, it misses target by several feet. Steps include choosing JDAM and letting timer align properly, choose TOO as my mode, select instant fuse, double check everything in JDAM page. I then use my TPOD to select target (always a building), wait to get "In Range" using both my HSI and the HUD, drop JDAM and watch it hit beside the building I just targeted??? Driving me nuts as I don't know what I am missing? I also am making sure that my TPOD is correctly put on the target. What in the hell am I missing?

Been experiencing the same thing.. don't know what exactly is the problem. Maybe a bug? Can someone test. The mission I used is the Training mission in the Mission section of the main menu. Target is a T-90.

Always misses by a few feet. Co-ordinates are perfect.. I double checked with the F-10 coordinates. Same result.. misses by a few feet

I’ve been having thus problem with LGBs not tracking and missing by 20-100”. Tried everything until I saw a post where a guy found that -after a patch- LGBs dont work on a map for a user created mission in the ME. You must open a new map and create the scenario on that. Well, sure enough...that worked!

Not sure if that is happening here, but if you are having these issues in scenarios you created in the mission editor and you made this scenario before the last patch....maybe try a new map

I’ve been having thus problem with LGBs not tracking and missing by 20-100”. Tried everything until I saw a post where a guy found that -after a patch- LGBs dont work on a map for a user created mission in the ME. You must open a new map and create the scenario on that. Well, sure enough...that worked!

Not sure if that is happening here, but if you are having these issues in scenarios you created in the mission editor and you made this scenario before the last patch....maybe try a new map

That doesn’t sound like a PITA at all.

I tried it on a new map (Nevada), and guess what, it works! I need to test this a bit further though like a new mission on Caucasus itself.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I am following EXACTLY the correct way to set up and drop JDAMS (I think) yet each and every time I drop one, it misses target by several feet. Steps include choosing JDAM and letting timer align properly, choose TOO as my mode, select instant fuse, double check everything in JDAM page. I then use my TPOD to select target (always a building), wait to get "In Range" using both my HSI and the HUD, drop JDAM and watch it hit beside the building I just targeted??? Driving me nuts as I don't know what I am missing? I also am making sure that my TPOD is correctly put on the target. What in the hell am I missing?

Same sort of issue yesterday. Came back today and it was on like Donkey Kong. All updates were current both times.

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

There seems to be issues with heights. Place some waypoints and look at the waypoint height. It typically varies by quite a few meters (sometimes hundreds, sometimes fewer). If you assign those to TGT, your weapons will miss. If you correct the GPS height in the waypoint page using the height copied from that point on the map, you can correct this behaviour.

I don't know the definite answer, but if the algorithm that "paints" the target point doesn't have correct height data, the target point will be (for example) a hundred feet off the deck. If your weapons are headed for that point, they'll miss, proportionate to the variation between actual height and given height data.

The observations above concerning different maps and versions would support this. I'm sure these issues are to do with spot height mismatch.

are you aiming at the basement of the building? Aiming at the "wall" will make tgp give the coordinates of the ground behind the building

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I tried it on a new map (Nevada), and guess what, it works! I need to test this a bit further though like a new mission on Caucasus itself.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Man....this simulation is incredibly complex. So many moving parts and interactions. There are bound to be little things that affect other things in mysterious ways. I’m glad it worked. I posted as a bug some time ago but was told to repair my game by some...that in addition to the standard “are you setting the frequencies to match” stuff. Oh well.