HUD & MFD Font Symbollogy Density

Belphe

Dear ED,

Would it be possible to make the font and symbollogy thickness on the HUD and all 3 MFDs scallable from the Special menu in DCS? I play in 32:9 aspect and zoom out to maintain appropriate cockpit size. Unfortunately, the digits and letters on the above mentioned displays don't scale down and "melt into one big green blob". The only way I managed to fix this issue was editing those values inside .cfg files. However, this feels like an inappropriate approach to the problem, doesn't fix the issue on the bottom MFD and obviously gets overwritten with every patch.

Please, consider implementing a slider for these values similar to the one available for VR (Pixel Density).

Thank you

Npks5nV.jpg

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THIS!! ^^

I play on a 34' display in 21:9 and I experience the same issue.

other 3d reporting the same issue:

[uNABLE TO REPRODUCE] hud and mfcd not really readable

[REPORTED] Larger, blurry HUD and DDI fonts

ED, can you give us an update on this?

The thread about the blurry HUD and DDI lines has been tagged [REPORTED] but it's now closed and nobody can post anymore.

Correct scaling of HUD/DDI text is a much needed feature for us playing on widescreen displays

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Wow I raised that initial bug report 2 years ago, and now it's closed without being addressed? That's not a great look ...

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

yeah it seems to be related to widescreen resolutions only but no fix yet...

in my case when you zoom in it gets better but then it defeats the purpose of having a widescreen.

strange thing is that it happens only with this module, on the A10C of F16C for example is fine

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Have you tried the F/A-18C Display Readability mod? I use the mod on a 3 display/monitor 1920x1080 setup and greatly improves the font readability.

Without the mod, looks about the same showing here. There are only 4 lines of code to edit. Of course, with any updates you will have to re-do it. This is also listed in the F/A-18 mods files.

---

DisplaysReadabilityModifiedV2.5.rar

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

Have you tried the F/A-18C Display Readability mod? I use the mod on a 3 display/monitor 1920x1080 setup and greatly improves the font readability.

Without the mod, looks about the same showing here. There are only 4 lines of code to edit. Of course, with any updates you will have to re-do it. This is also listed in the F/A-18 mods files.

---

Thanks, will give it a go!

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]