DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

Thank you for the update. Keep up the good work!

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Thank you for the update. I don't understand, however, how a basic navigational feature like offset waypoints won't be included at release. Complete nav functionality is what I would expect from a finished module

Agreed, gutted that HOTAS function isnt considered essential for a 'complete' module. It's also mighty interesting to see various bug fixes are to be considered features.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

We have one encompassing feature that requires cooperation between the F/A-18C and F-16C Team, the DCS Core Team, and 3rd Party Developers: create a shared planning environment and agree on a single strategy to support mission planning for many aircraft types. This includes an Aircraft Setup Card in Options and a Mission Planning Card for waypoints with properties (Sequences, Target Points, Pre-Planned Targets, Pre-Briefed Targets, Initial Points, Bullseyes, etc.) and MUMI and similar pages. This is a complex task that we have been designing, and we will be working with all participants to create the best Aircraft Setup and Mission Planner possible.

Two things. First I hope this isn’t just for single player. 2. Please work with your real world SMEs on what an actually mission planner/data cartridge is. What was originally shown isn’t one.

Dear Kate

when can we have video about new features coming tomorrow?

Without video i dont know how to use it.

Also some explanation on how the targeting pod now works would be great, it's doing very odd things for me at the moment, unable to slew it when in area and point track, slewing to 180 deg when un-designating etc.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Man you can get spoiled with good communications like this, thank you and keep up the good work and communications.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Expected a Wags video detailing the AG Radar & SLAM ER, that is supposed to be coming on the 3rd.

Since we do not have that video, probably it is not coming tomorrow.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I'm grateful so please don't think i'm not, but weren't we told very recently that the Hornet would be finished in 2020?

Doesn't really matter to me because I will still be crashing it in to the back of the Supercarier, but just thought I read that somewhere?

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I'm grateful so please don't think i'm not, but weren't we told very recently that the Hornet would be finished in 2020?

Doesn't really matter to me because I will still be crashing it in to the back of the Supercarier, but just thought I read that somewhere?

I think they saw the response of the community (to include myself) preferring they keep the Hornet in EA until it is actually finished instead of changing definitions to fit a timeline. If anything this is a good step in the right direction IMHO.

Edited by Thump
Re-read OP