3 versions of P47

Enduro14

So according to growling sidewinder latest video we will get 3 versions of the P47

Early -30 no dorsal fin

Late -30 with dorsal fin and some rocket switches or something....

Interesting

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Whats the difference between the -40 and a late -30?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

HVARs and gyrosight from factory and dorsal fin.

If i remeber correctly.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

ok. But nothing that wasn't retrofitted to the -30?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Someone reminded me tail radar for D-40.

So, plus AN/APS-13 for D-40?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

mmm. Interesting. Guess we will wait and see.

9./JG27

OMG If this is true, wow ED you did it Again. the -40 I believe has a little more armor, and a more powerful engine and different prop than the -30. wow and would a -28 be a thirty without a dorsal fin and without the bubble canopy? this is awesome news. I saw GS's vid and did think it alittle strange it had a gyro sight.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No one has previewed the dive recovery flaps yet!!! Just realized!

Wasn't even aware of the 47 having those, just knew it from the 38. Probably because I never flew any variant with them in any sim before... icon_exclaim.gif

Is there any chance that this will be out by Father's Day? I think I know what I want when she asks me.

First thought was you'd have to give ED a time machine to achieve this since that day literally was almost two weeks ago until I realized (again) that you guys across the pond have that day on the 3rd Sunday in June rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Can you guys point me where he said that?

Nevermind! I've found it:

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

OK, thanks. If I understood correctly from GS's video though, our -40 will be the model that gets a couple of HVARs, whereas the others will be bombs only.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Hopefully our early -30 comes with the early non gyro gunsight. Way back when there were screenshots of the cockpit with it.

Very cool to see multiple versions being made.

p-47d-cockpit-wip-01.jpg?w=1400&h=

9./JG27

Hopefully our early -30 comes with the early non gyro gunsight. Way back when there were screenshots of the cockpit with it.

Very cool to see multiple versions being made.

p-47d-cockpit-wip-01.jpg?w=1400&h=

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want a K-14 gunsight.

Hopefully our P-47 comes with the Hamilton propeller and without wing pylons like also proposed in earlier screen shots.

Hopefully our P-47 comes with the Hamilton propeller and without wing pylons like also proposed in earlier screen shots.

I seem to remember having read that the pylons really didn’t cause a lot of weight or drag penalty. I think the P-47M’s came without the wing pylons so that they could be even faster... but after research, the removal of pylons benefits were negligible.... better to have them available for wing tanks. Most M models had the pylons reinstalled.

More options are always better though!

Variety, having an aircraft that isn't necessarily the latest and greatest with every bell and whistle that showed up in the last few months of the war..., because I can shoot fine without it and I think it looks cooler....

Why not have both variants?

9./JG27

Those M8 tubes could be seen here already: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4258331&postcount=1688

But that guy apparently removes his files after some time, probably due to limited webspace (that this still is a thing these days...) icon_question.gif

And I pretty much guess that when they had the old gunsight there, it will be in as an option.

Fixed, FB problems.

Other WW2 equipmet

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4258328&postcount=1687

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I seem to remember having read that the pylons really didn’t cause a lot of weight or drag penalty. I think the P-47M’s came without the wing pylons so that they could be even faster... but after research, the removal of pylons benefits were negligible.... better to have them available for wing tanks. Most M models had the pylons reinstalled.

More options are always better though!

I'd like to see these figures. The P-51 with and W/O the pylons has a 15mph speed difference at altitude. I can't imagine, given the enormous size of the P-47 pylons, that they wouldn't provide a significant performance boost with their removal.

Variety, having an aircraft that isn't necessarily the latest and greatest with every bell and whistle that showed up in the last few months of the war..., because I can shoot fine without it and I think it looks cooler....

Why not have both variants?

Hey, if you don't get the old gunsight at least you can turn off the gyro aspect.

Yeah that is fair, I do think the dorsal fin looks great and I'd lose performance just to look cool, lol.

Without the dorsal fin would have a little more yaw instability.

No one has previewed the dive recovery flaps yet!!! Just realized!

The Yaw instability is definitely there. It will be obvious in my next P47 video... hopefully out within the next 12 hours.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Are the other versions already in? I got the impression that only one was in atm, figured the rest would come later on in EA.

9./JG27

A couple of notes about 'retrofitting': any time a combat group got a new model of aircraft after about winter of '43/'44, it also received kits for the upgrades to be put in their existing aircraft (where possible). There were reportedly a few 'C' models still flying combat in early 1944 with water injected engines and wide bladed props--if your assigned aircraft had a particularly 'sweet' airframe or engine, or for whatever reason, it just flew faster or handled better than other aircraft you were offered, you'd stick with your original as long as possible.

As for Hamilton props, there were three different flavors of paddleblade props; the Hamilton Standard, the Curtiss Electric symmetrical, and the Curtiss Electric asymmetrical versions. As far as I know, the performance differences were negligible, and some of my sources say that the Hamilton Standard props were put on in the Farmingdale Indiana plant, starting with the razorback D-22-RE version until the D-28-RE, when they went to Curtiss Electric props.

Evansville started producing their Jugs with wideblade cuffed Curtiss Electric props starting with the D-23-RA models (also razorback).

Curtiss props feature cuffs and a distinctly 'pointy' prop boss; from Phil's video, the aircraft he was flying was equipped with a wide-bladed symmetrical Curtiss prop. I thought that the prop boss looked a bit too fat, from the limited views I had of it.

cheers

horseback

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Here's your new Mustangs boys--you can learn to fly 'em on the way to the target!" LTCOL Don Blakeslee, late February 1944