F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

I'm absolutely on the hype train for the f15e, love this aircraft, may be my most wanted American aircraft for DCS.

But that aside, razbam did say in a podcast if I recall, that this module may release this year, I don't know if it is the right place to seek answers but is it still feasable?

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

My god.... most of you voted for that digital crap? I‘m more and more disappointed reg. this community every day.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Perhaps the OP should have provided some context beyond the simple analog/digital keywords.

If I understood correctly, the old UFC was only getting replaced starting from 2010 so realistically that would put Razbam's F-15E into the scenarios placed within the last ten years (thus, not even matching the in-game F16 and F/A-18 which are from mid 2000s).

On the other hand, it probably took years before all the UFCs were upgraded so an analog UFC would be valid for most of the 2010s as well.

So, going with the digital one makes no sense, IMHO. If anything, it should be provided as an option over the analog one and not as the sole variant.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

My god.... most of you voted for that digital crap? I‘m more and more disappointed reg. this community every day.

It's the modern version of the F-15 so digital isn't really a bad way to go.

Like you I want an F-104, actually I want an F-104 more than any other plane, now that one we know ain't gonna be digital.

We need the classic century fighters!

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

The Poll has aready the answer. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi all,

As you know we are planing on the Suite 4+ Eagle, which had two types of UFC depending on the Age.

The first being this one :

38817512_1820269301393033_468552980346437632_n.jpg

and the more modern version being this one:

uT1BPVm.jpg

Now its UP TO YOU which version we create. Have you say in the poll attached. we will run this for 2 weeks

The screen one for sure. Love it!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier, but functionally there is NO difference between the old and new UFCs. It just replaces the display part, not the actual switches. It is not a fancy touchscreen controller like the Superbug's, or have any other function than displaying numbers, letters, and characters in fixed locations.

Basically, they replaced LEDs with LCDs.

Vulture

I fly F-15E sims for a living (test engineer) and you can relax about not having a WSO - you can do 99% of the system actions from the front seat - but the HOTAS does get a bit complicated!

Or jump in the pit and put the jet on A/P and work the systems from there - easier for air-to-ground but you will need a HOTAS stick (left and right hand controller, to be exact) for each hand, plus stick and throttles, so it gets busy there too if you are trying to fly and work the systems at the same time.

You still need to be in the front for gear, flaps, master mode and master arm, but landing from the back is fun once configured.

LANTIRN or SNIPER? Sniper is sooooo much better!

Vulture

Old, because it opens missions eras and match more with everything else.

No better performance with digital than just look...

Would make the strike eagle look nicer and special with old...

But again the community is full of "I want latest so I can win....".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Perhaps the OP should have provided some context beyond the simple analog/digital keywords.

If I understood correctly, the old UFC was only getting replaced starting from 2010 so realistically that would put Razbam's F-15E into the scenarios placed within the last ten years (thus, not even matching the in-game F16 and F/A-18 which are from mid 2000s).

On the other hand, it probably took years before all the UFCs were upgraded so an analog UFC would be valid for most of the 2010s as well.

So, going with the digital one makes no sense, IMHO. If anything, it should be provided as an option over the analog one and not as the sole variant.

THIS THIS THIS ALL OF THIS!

#noSciFi-F15 !

Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier, but functionally there is NO difference between the old and new UFCs. It just replaces the display part, not the actual switches. It is not a fancy touchscreen controller like the Superbug's, or have any other function than displaying numbers, letters, and characters in fixed locations.

Basically, they replaced LEDs with LCDs.

Vulture

in that case it should be fairly easy to make it an option, so everybody is happy : )

would also prefer the red digits...

in that case it should be fairly easy to make it an option, so everybody is happy : )

would also prefer the red digits...

If it's a cosmetic change only and there are no weapon and avionic systems changed accordingly then it should be offered as an option. What's the point of changing its appearance but not the systems behind it?. It's like having a Ford mondeo with a fake Ferrari body. It may look like a Ferrari but it's still a Ford.

I agree. I'm disappointed as well.

And me. But I don't really care. At least it seems that this time, we're actually getting the F-15E. Hope it will not take another few years, after all, it's being in development since at least 2011 afair.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png