Module name not shown on PTT page

BSpike

Hello all,

After the last update, VAICOM stopped working( I don't know DCS or VAICOM, I updated them at the same time)

DCS path is set and Windows registry is correct.

DCS repaired.

Deleted All scripts, VAICOM and VA uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch.

Even I tried to put LUA files in UI, Speech, RadioCommandDialogPanel manually.

What exactly is the problem you are seeing - has VAICOM stopped working altogether, even when DCS is not running, or does it recognise commands but not show the module (as implied by the title of the thread)?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What exactly is the problem you are seeing - has VAICOM stopped working altogether, even when DCS is not running, or does it recognise commands but not show the module (as implied by the title of the thread)?

VAICOM is running and recognizes the commands but doesn't connect to DCS and doesn't show the module name on PTT page.

@Hollywood_315

is there any instruction to manually install VAICOMPRO?

I checked the script files. there seems VAICOM is not replacing 5 files out of 7.

I need to know if VAICOMPRO permanently replaces the DCS script files with its own ones every time VA comes up?

That is why I am looking for manual installation.

Have you tried deleting those files, there is a manual export scripts option from memory?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Have you tried deleting those files, there is a manual export scripts option from memory?

Just tried. deleted all 7 files from DCS\Script\.

VA/ VAICOM copies the deleted files in the folders that supposed to be. but something odd to me is that I think VA/VAICOM is copying the original files to the DCS\SCRIPT\... I checked Files in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Export, all of them contain a header like:

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script

-- speech.lua (append)

-- version 2.5.20

but the files that are copied to \DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\... by VAICOM does not contain such a header.

can someone please check the below files and let me know that if VAICOM is supposed to copy its own files(with VAICOM PRO header) to:

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua and TabSheetBar.lua

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\gameMessages.lua

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Speech\common.lua and speech.lua

VAICOMPRO does not merely copy replacement files. Instead it edits the existing ones using lua code in those Export files. The final result is therefore not the same as the files in the export folder. Basically it automates the process that is described in the manual under "Managing DCS-side (lua) files manually." It's on p. 42 of the latest version of the manual.

Also, your posts are not providing complete paths so I can't tell if the files you are mentioning are in the Saved Games directory tree or in the main DCS directory tree. There are Scripts folders in both places.

Just tried. deleted all 7 files from DCS\Script\.

VA/ VAICOM copies the deleted files in the folders that supposed to be. but something odd to me is that I think VA/VAICOM is copying the original files to the DCS\SCRIPT\... I checked Files in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Export, all of them contain a header like:

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script

-- speech.lua (append)

-- version 2.5.20

but the files that are copied to \DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\... by VAICOM does not contain such a header.

can someone please check the below files and let me know that if VAICOM is supposed to copy its own files(with VAICOM PRO header) to:

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua and TabSheetBar.lua

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\gameMessages.lua

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Speech\common.lua and speech.lua

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

VAICOMPRO does not merely copy replacement files. Instead it edits the existing ones using lua code in those Export files. The final result is therefore not the same as the files in the export folder. Basically it automates the process that is described in the manual under "Managing DCS-side (lua) files manually." It's on p. 42 of the latest version of the manual.

Also, your posts are not providing complete paths so I can't tell if the files you are mentioning are in the Saved Games directory tree or in the main DCS directory tree. There are Scripts folders in both places.

Thank you

Those files are located in DCS installation path.

Another 2 export files are in the saved games folder.

But I think what you said about modification of the Lua files instead of copying, can explain it.

Edit: just double-checked the files. all of them are being properly modified by VAICOM.

I don't know what to do anymore.

VAICOM and DCS can not connect.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Edited by BSpike

Just found the Vaicomm today.

I had same issues.

Fixed the problem.

When you choosing PATH for the game, be sure to SET the RELEASE x BETA version according to name of the folder and savegames. In past I installed the OPEN BETA, but reverted to RELEASE by command prompt. My Folder and savegame are named Openbeta. So, i change the version of the game as BETA even that i have RELEASE. Because it check the name of the folders and not actual version i would say.

Confirm if it worked. Thanks

I go fight with the english accent now :-)

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Just found the Vaicomm today.

I had same issues.

Fixed the problem.

When you choosing PATH for the game, be sure to SET the RELEASE x BETA version according to name of the folder and savegames. In past I installed the OPEN BETA, but reverted to RELEASE by command prompt. My Folder and savegame are named Openbeta. So, i change the version of the game as BETA even that i have RELEASE. Because it check the name of the folders and not actual version i would say.

Confirm if it worked. Thanks

I go fight with the english accent now :-)

Thanks for the advice Wexler,

Since VAICOM is properly updating the script files both in Saved games and the DCS folder, the path can not be the issue.

VAICOM finds the path and all 7 script files are being updated but still there is no connection between DCS and VAICOM.

after a DCS update, it is the export.lua that sits beneath the Saved Games branch that you should delete and no others, if you aren't seeing the module name in the PTT window. A restart of VA and, probably DCS, should then correct the problem.

A little update of what i found out:

- if i have in my export.lua under savegames only this line:

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

Then module is recognized...

If i have these lines which includes helios export, virtual cockpit export, TAC view turned on, then my module is not recognized:

-- IVMOBS Modification

-- v109

local default_output_file = nil

function LuaExportStart()

end

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()

end

function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()

end

function LuaExportStop()

if default_output_file then

default_output_file:close()

default_output_file = nil

end

end

function LuaExportActivityNextEvent(t)

local tNext = t

return tNext

end

--{{A10C}}

-- dofile(".\\VCSServer\\Main.lua")

--{{MIRAGE}}

-- dofile(".\\VCSServer\\M2000C.lua")

--{{AV8BNA}}

-- dofile(".\\VCSServer\\AV8BNA.lua")

--{{FA18C}}

-- dofile(".\\VCSServer\\FA18C.lua")

-- ========= Modules =========

dofile(".\\VCSServer\\FA18C.lua")

-- === HELIOS =====

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia