Need Some Feedback/Help regarding FLIR operation on day time

Zeros

Hey there fellas

here is the story.Am on training missions ....A2G specificly and want to use the HUD FLIR function

during day time to spot my targets but it seem that there is something wrong with the HUD every time i switch the HUD switch from "DAY/AUTO " to "NIGHT".I followed the procedure written on the manual..which is the same as the one followed on any tutorial video i have watched but never incounterd a problem like the one am having.So every time i switch the HUD switch in NIGHT time mode the HUD info disappears....wash off....you can barely seen them.(see the photos below)So what gives???

HUD on "DAY or AUTO "

17Su2Ik.png

HUD on "NIGHT"

ee67LfT.png

Sensor HUD Reject/TGP on

CCHrika.png

Cheers

ASUS ROG STRIX B360 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz - HyperX Fury DDR4-2666MHz 32GB - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8 GB - SSD 1 TB

HOTAS - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Modules

FC3 - AJS37 Grippen - AV-8B Harrier - C-101 Aviojet - FA-18C Hornet - F-14B Tomcat - F-16A Viper - M-2000C Mirage - Supercarrier

With night lighting everything gets dimmer so as not to blind you when looking through NVGs. I’m not sure the HUD FLIR is designed to be used during the daytime like this. In a pinch you can use the FLIR mfd page.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

#kengou yes i undestand the night operation of a FLIR but am confused when i watched all this tutorial videos on how the NAVFLIR operates on the HUD area and they did not have the problem that am having.The FLIR is a very good solution for spotting targets on a blending color enviroment.Probably Rasbam at some point updating the Harrier "fixed" the FLIR to operate only on night time.Thats to bad cause its a game breaker for me.Am using a 42" TV screen and position my self 5 feet away from it.Am not gonna stick my face on the screen just to spot target on daytime missions.I wiil put the harrier aside and move on learnig the F/A-18C.

Thanks for the insight friend.

Edited by Zeros

ASUS ROG STRIX B360 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz - HyperX Fury DDR4-2666MHz 32GB - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8 GB - SSD 1 TB

HOTAS - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Modules

FC3 - AJS37 Grippen - AV-8B Harrier - C-101 Aviojet - FA-18C Hornet - F-14B Tomcat - F-16A Viper - M-2000C Mirage - Supercarrier

The HUD FLIR isn’t meant for spotting ground targets. It’s meant for navigation at night and at low-level. For spotting ground targets you would be using the targeting pod or the HUD hotspot detector (not implemented, possibly never implemented at this rate...)

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD