ACLS

joojoo

Hey to all

I tried some landings to the new Supercarrier module with ACLS and in final approach and despite that the needles are on centre (cross) when I engage the autopilot, thew aircraft starts rolling and pitching very violently. Any idea?

Thank

AFAIK, ACLS is broken. A few weeks ago, ICLS guidance was off (you basically flew into the water behind the ship if you flew perfect needles) and they fixed it, but ACLS still has that problem.

That means even if you are 100% on and on on ICLS, for the ACLS, you are actually high, causing violent reactions after coupling. IIRC, there should be a safety system that disengages the AP when it is correcting too hard, though.

Not sure why the link doesn't work anymore, but we're waiting for things to settle down with the carriers until we fix this. We've already fixed it just to have it break again and want to avoid duplicate work. When you see it in the patch notes is how you will know it's been fixed.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Not sure why the link doesn't work anymore...

Because you copied the text from the forum which shortens the links. Always copy the link instead.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Not sure why the link doesn't work anymore, but we're waiting for things to settle down with the carriers until we fix this. We've already fixed it just to have it break again and want to avoid duplicate work. When you see it in the patch notes is how you will know it's been fixed.

Fully understandable.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Well for me it works apparently :p

Is it randomly working or solved? I tried it in instant action CASE3 supercarrier on the gulf

In the case 1 mission frequency is different but it works also perfectly

Edited by Oldfox

If ICLS can do a 3 wire in case 3 with my hands off throttle and stick then you’re right. :music_whistling:

Dunno if it’s linked to the carrier or what but the super carrier missions case 1 and case 3 on the Gulf théâtre I have ACLS working 100% sure.

Well I was trying being sarcastic here :)

I am definitly talking about ACLS and tested it two times yesterday and it worked perfectly the two times.

Just try it on the Gulf instant action as maybe it's related on the carrier actually used on those missions, can't remember if it was Washington or Lincoln though.

Only "special" thing I did, is because I'm using VIACOM and couldn't make it work to tune the datalink, I input the frequency manually from Jester pit (can't ask Jester to do it through GUI when using VIACOM).

And yes I know following ACLS would put me into water in previous version but I can guarantee you it worked yesterday two times in a row :p

I tried ACLS for the first time this weekend. I just never got around to setting it up. What a trip. Having to sit back and let the Computer do its thing. Hovering over the controls like the first time you use car auto pilot. And yet it took it to the deck perfectly. I was impressed. Not sure if it worked that good on deployment but if it did I applaud the Grumman Engineers!