CPU Issues with F18

I have been doing some testing to see why my game will runs poorly from time to time and it seems to be centered around the F18.

If I start my PC and fly just about any aircraft I get good frame rates.

As soon as I fly the F18 everything goes to hell and its the same for any other aircraft I fly after that. CPU will occasionally peg at 100% where it normally runs at about 65%

Here is where it gets interesting, I shut down the game, then relaunch the game. Same behavior, all planes have horrible frame rates. Only after a full reboot do thing go back to normal. Or at least until I fire up the F18.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

For reference I am using an i5 8600k over clocked, m.2 drive, RTX 2070, 16 GB ram

yeah I have a test mission. Nevada, same everything save the planes.

The other odd thing is its not consistent. Some times it runs smooth as glass. Next launch, complete garbage.

I am watching other running processes to see if there is some interference. The only thing that seems to make a difference is I am running Ikarus for the instrument displays. If I run this on a separate PC it does help but I think the F18 systems are a larger resource hog than other modules.

I am still experimenting. I'll post any revelations. :)