Jester no longer warming radar when datalink is on

kunterbunt

If I turn datalink on, I can see Much more targets. Good. But jester refuses to lock any. TWS also does to work (no numbers assigned).

If I turn datalink off, I get TWS to work.

I can never use missiles when using datalink.

Any ideas?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Jester no longer warming radar when datalink is on

Hmm, that’s weird. Everything regarding datalink and the radar works great on my end. Jester locks targets the radar can see though. Not datalink targets.

Also make sure you’re in A/A mode selected on the right front console, the master arm cover and switch is selected up, and the missiles desired to be fired are selected using the switch on the stick. You didn’t mention that so just making sure those steps were not missed.

Regarding missiles, they work on my end as well. The datalink used to show missiles in flight but that was deemed an unintended feature and it was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hmm, that’s weird. Everything regarding datalink and the radar works great on my end. Jester locks targets the radar can see though. Not datalink targets.

Also make sure you’re in A/A mode selected on the right front console, the master arm cover and switch is selected up, and the missiles desired to be fired are selected using the switch on the stick. You didn’t mention that so just making sure those steps were not missed.

Regarding missiles, they work on my end as well. The datalink used to show missiles in flight but that was deemed an unintended feature and it was removed.

Thanks for confirming. I did all the above. It looks as if jester is too distracted with all the civil traffic and forgets to concentrate on the 2 bandits.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Ah okay, that sounds like TWS Auto. The problem is the auto function takes a while to distinguish what is friend and foe through IFF. Even though datalink contact will show up as foe, the radar in auto will still need to determine if indeed the reply is foe. The best course would be to manually use TWS or STT the target. Otherwise a human RIO to designate friendly as “do not attack” on the TID will fix that problem. The problems of single player.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Ah okay, that sounds like TWS Auto. The problem is the auto function takes a while to distinguish what is friend and foe through IFF. Even though datalink contact will show up as foe, the radar in auto will still need to determine if indeed the reply is foe. The best course would be to manually use TWS or STT the target. Otherwise a human RIO to designate friendly as “do not attack” on the TID will fix that problem. The problems of single player.

That sounds like exactly what I am experimenting. Thanks!