[ALREADY REPORTED]2.5.6.49798 Stable: AI don't hold for ground units

OK, so the bug is there in "Stable" too. See attached mission.

This bug is an effect of the new and improved path finding.

This will break TONS of missions out there. And what's really needed is a way to make aircraft not taxi on start. Make them "hold" at runways etc.

In my opinion, this is a game breaking bug.

And I know it's been reported several times in OpenBeta, so why was Stable released with this in effect?

test.miz

The AI doesn't stop for ground units but will now drive through them, killing both.

The Mirage in the image is Immortal.

This breaks many many many missions.

unknown.png.8ceedfb0d0dde39072f4998bfc637d74.png

Edited by Quip

This is in fact why I don't support ED having the whole OB vs Stable ordeal. Proven fact: Reported Backwards compatibility breaking bugs (regression testing) in OB don't get attention and are pushed through to Stable.

This is not an accident. This is lousy quality control management.

"Already Reported"?? It sure wasn't reported for this version of the game (Stable 2.5.6.49798) when I posted.

It is reported for the Open Beta yes. But that doesn't make it already reported.

I fail to see how making something new "already reported" will help... Alas, I digress.

Just get it fixed.

there are more than a few bugs from beta that has successfully been ported over to release version of DCS, interesting the ED re-branded release to "stable" not sure it follows what "stable" means in English

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

This is shockingly bad. After a 51GB download last night to 2.5.6 stable, I cannot continue the campaign I was flying as I can't get off the ground in one piece.

My wingman always taxied behind me with his nose just inches from my tail, constantly stepping on his brakes to avoid a collision, in many previous missions in 2.5.5, but today he just crashed straight into the back of me when I held short to ask for take-off clearance. Repeated outside the campaign in the ME just to be sure it was the game at fault not something specific in the campaign.

Utterly rubbish. I've been very eager for 2.5.6 to come to stable so I could see again in the cockpit at night and take a look at the Ka-50 cockpit update, but I'm not sure it was worth the wait.

I'll go back to 2.5.5 until this is fixed.

I guess the release of the the high-profile Supercarrier module in 2.5.6 only has led to that version being pushed out of the door before it was really ready. I'd gladly wait 6 months between stable updates if they could indeed be 'stable'.

Very disappointing. I can accept minor bugs being left in for imminent fixes, but this one is pretty big for any single player folk out there.

They even taxi into other planes. Even you, if you hold short of the runway. They don't detect any obstacles anymore.

Yeah, this combined with bugs that seemed to be introduced every beta patch have prevented me from finishing your Bluenoser campaign. :( Or any other campaign or scripted mission for that matter.

Edited by HokieRob

I saw the already reported tag, but in case it's helpful here's a track where 4 vipers are destroyed in the silliest way ever...

Please ED fix this soon! It's a game breaking bug for playing missions and campaigns.

It's "Already reported" because ED know of the bug in OB. That this was the first time it got reported for Stable doesn't seems to matter. That's not how ED work with bugs I understand now. Rather, don't work. My bad.

They even taxi into other planes. Even you, if you hold short of the runway. They don't detect any obstacles anymore.

Yep. Just got rammed while holding short of runway from my A.I. wingman.

E9B7D8EE8FE0CF7D5FC994DE74051952CDF76785

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

At least we've got a stable result.

I hope that was an intentional pun on 'stable'. With your username to match, it gave me a good chuckle :D

Looks like a fix is on the way as confirmed here, at least:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275727

Funny that the above new thread was tagged 'Reported' but this older thread was marked 'Already reported'. I know, I know, I'm nit-picking now when I should just be thankful that big bugs from OB are being tended to after release to Stable... :noexpression:

They decided to quickly update stable to 2-5-6 because 2-5-5 has finally been cracked...

I think you're absolutely right. While I'm aggravated at some of the bugs that got through OB to stable, the need to put a new version to break the cracked version makes sense.

On the plus side BigNewy reported in another thread the fix should be in the next patch (probably OB but wouldn't be surprised if there's a stable hotfix coming soon, fingers crossed).

I think you're absolutely right. While I'm aggravated at some of the bugs that got through OB to stable, the need to put a new version to break the cracked version makes sense.

On the plus side BigNewy reported in another thread the fix should be in the next patch (probably OB but wouldn't be surprised if there's a stable hotfix coming soon, fingers crossed).

I don't think so. I think the push to Stable was done to aid in selling the Super Carrier to a wider audience.