Land based runway practice with FLOLS

Just wondered if there would ever be a chance for ED to have a land based runway practice course you could set up.

In training before going to the carrier, I'm guessing they have a land based system with FLOLS to practice your patterns, hight and speed targets etc?

Just thought it would make a great addition.

Has been requested many times, so here's another +1 from me. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just wondered if there would ever be a chance for ED to have a land based runway practice course you could set up.

In training before going to the carrier, I'm guessing they have a land based system with FLOLS to practice your patterns, hight and speed targets etc?

Just thought it would make a great addition.

I used to think this was a good idea until the second or third time I landed in the hanger bay.

What's the point of land practice when there's no penalty for failing ship practice? They use FCLP to make sure students are ready for the real thing without killing themselves or pranging an expensive aircraft or more expensive boat. They use small, light, cheap trainer aircraft to do it.

We can practice until the end of time with the 'real' aircraft on the boat. If FCLP was available I'd just run missions on the boat anyway, because there's no reason to simulate the simulation.

+1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Virtually all my F4J landings at NAS Oceana were done using the ball. Before deployment on the carrier, a lot of practice was done at the auxilary airfield. It would be "realistic" to have the ability to practice at the field.

I used to think this was a good idea until the second or third time I landed in the hanger bay.

What's the point of land practice when there's no penalty for failing ship practice? They use FCLP to make sure students are ready for the real thing without killing themselves or pranging an expensive aircraft or more expensive boat. They use small, light, cheap trainer aircraft to do it.

We can practice until the end of time with the 'real' aircraft on the boat. If FCLP was available I'd just run missions on the boat anyway, because there's no reason to simulate the simulation.

If they want it, let them have it. But I agree with you, I don't see the point at all.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Are any of the fields in the NTTR in real life set up for this? Or is it more limited to a few naval air stations?

I mostly agree with above - I don't see much point in unrealistically adding features to land bases when we can practice on the "real" boat without consequence.